Hasegawa Spitfire Vc RAAF A58-250

BJG

• 1 year later...

Hi Gents,

Long time since I have had a chance to work on my models but if it is in your blood there will always be a time.

I have been picking away at the cockpit and honestly, feel I have failed a bit. I am just being honest with myself so not after any thing.

After using a resin cockpit kit for the first time and bits from here and there and using some old paints along with failing eyes I have what I have.

I will do some basic weathering and box it up and keep going. I have more firsts on this one to go like fitting after market wings and an Alclad finish to apply so it is going to be a battle.

Any way, just wanted to post some pics to see if I still could and let you know I have been checking up on you all. Some outstanding work on this site.

Spitfire%20Right%20Side%20Cockpit_zpsoeb

Spitfire%20Left%20Side%20Cockpit_zpsfzy9

Spitfire%20Panel_zpsttqqto3w.jpg

Spitfire%20Cockpit%20Door_zpsenteejzz.jp

Looks pretty good to me, Brad! I used to hate doing cockpits, because, like you, I was never satisfied with the results. In the end I decided to just build a few 1/48 kits, and focus solely on the cockpits - doing and re-doing bits until I was happy. And suddenly, everything clicked! I'm now pretty comfortable doing cockpits, and no longer hate them.

Good to see you back.

Kev

Brad, looking good ! One thing, unless your building  an after the war or a modern Spit, the door pry bar is cockpit color not red. Hope to see more.........Harv :popcorn:

Calling this cockpit done.

Apart from final adjustments as I put it together in a very special sequence these will be the last pictures I will force upon you as it will be very hard to see what's going on once closed up. ( Like most models I know)

Some good. Some bad. I know I am going to have to learn to love and work with PE and resin as to be honest it has been a bit of a PITA!!! Bits breaking off and getting lost or broken and hours of dry fitting. All a great experience though and I will soon close up another Spitfire. (With more heart ache to come no doubt).

Cheers,

Brad

Right%20Side%20Spitfire%20Cockpit_zpsnk9

Spitfire%20Seat%20Instal_zpspbfzayt6.jpg

Spitfire%20Office_zpspibgqvcd.jpg

Thanks guys. Coming from you both I feel a bit better.

Now to close it up. That has been a chore. Hours of dry fitting and removing tiny bits for clearance.

Cheers,

Brad