Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1 Corsair

Spencer, saw this over on Hyperscale but log in problems prevented me from commenting. Absolutely brilliant work as usual! Your talent with paint work has to be some of the best on the planet! I really wish I'd had the opportunity to meet you in Edmonton.

A question for you though. From the paint mixes suggested by Tamiya it appears as though they have the cockpit in a Dull Dark Green or Bronze Green colour? Yours appears to be more like interior green. My references are limited on the early Corsair so I thought I would ask.

Again, brilliant work Spencer!

Cheers,

Wolf

Spencer, saw this over on Hyperscale but log in problems prevented me from commenting. Absolutely brilliant work as usual! Your talent with paint work has to be some of the best on the planet! I really wish I'd had the opportunity to meet you in Edmonton.

A question for you though. From the paint mixes suggested by Tamiya it appears as though they have the cockpit in a Dull Dark Green or Bronze Green colour? Yours appears to be more like interior green. My references are limited on the early Corsair so I thought I would ask.

Again, brilliant work Spencer!

Cheers,

Wolf

Hi mate. The instructions direct you to use two parts XF-3 flat yellow and one part XF-5 Flat green for the interior parts, including the cockpit, which is their mix for Interior Green - or rather that's what it had printed on the instructions that I was sent with the test shot. I used Gunze Sangyo Interior Green for my kit, the colour matching the photographs I had of Yeovilton's aircraft. Maybe the production instructions are different?

Spence :)

Hi mate. The instructions direct you to use two parts XF-3 flat yellow and one part XF-5 Flat green for the interior parts, including the cockpit, which is their mix for Interior Green - or rather that's what it had printed on the instructions that I was sent with the test shot. I used Gunze Sangyo Interior Green for my kit, the colour matching the photographs I had of Yeovilton's aircraft. Maybe the production instructions are different?

Spence :)

Ahhhhh, thank-you. Makes sense. The revised instructions show two parts XF-5 Flat Green and one part XF-8 Flat Blue. That would certainly make a difference eh?

Cheers,

Wolf

Spence,

Would it be possible to get an ourside measurement of the distance between the main landing struts? Trying to figure out if this will fit as is on a 1:32 flat car. Thanks in advance.

Kent

Holy cow! That is amazing.

My birdcage is at this moment winging its way to me....this is inspiratioanl work, I must say, especially the weathering.

:m0152: \

Cheers,

Tim W.

Super build and great weathering job.

Dont ya wish it did have magnets to attach the cowl panels ???

Very typical dirt on a well used "keep em flying" early

War Corsair. See everyone like me it pays of to convert or scratch a

Particular plane as mainstrem kit makers come right along

And put out some wonderful kits.

Very very good job on this hog nose

Jon