PCM Hawker Tempest 8:25:13- Completed!!!!

scvrobeson

Got most of the cockpit together today, and it's going together pretty well. Just needed to use my reference pictures to supplement the instructions, and I didn't have problems. The starboard sidewall was a bit tricky, but I got it all lined up in the end.

Once I get the seatbelts and intake assembled, I can get this installed and close up the fuselage. This is going along much quicker than my Mitchell.

001_zps07c69308.jpg

002_zps31b7567d.jpg

003_zps0e4f280e.jpg

004_zpsc10338ba.jpg

005_zps424871ba.jpg

006_zps0e21e566.jpg

007_zps990e1124.jpg

Enjoy!

Matt :party0023:

Yes I had to open the mounting holes too, just finished cutting Grooves into the inner surface of the Fuselage so I can get the Intake in. As the Fuselage Halves won't close without doing this. The Kit will look good when done, but its gonna take some work.

Andy.

Thanks for the tip. I'll see how mine works. It seems to dry-fit okay, but things always seem to be different when it's time to glue it all in.

It's a limited run kit, so it won't be a complete walk in the park. But it's the only Tempest right now, so I'm fine with working to get it together.

Nice work so far Matt - I think that it is brilliant that we have two PCM Tempest builds on the go at the same time. This provides us all with two different perspectives and approaches to building the same kit. I shall follow your build with equal interest.

Derek

Thanks Derek. There are three going on, so you get three different perspectives on it. Also means that there are different hints and tips to get from people who are working on it.

Thanks for your nice comments, hopefully you'll enjoy the build.

Really great work so far Matt!

Thanks Derek. There are three going on, so you get three different perspectives on it.

I know that multiple builds of the same kit can give new perspectives on it and what not, but its also the main reason Im not starting mine.

I also know it sounds a bit childish, but I really dont like building the same thing that everyone else is, at the same time. So for now Ill use all the Tempest builds as a guide on what to, and not to do.

Looking forward to more. :popcorn:

Cheers,

Really great work so far Matt!

I know that multiple builds of the same kit can give new perspectives on it and what not, but its also the main reason Im not starting mine.

I also know it sounds a bit childish, but I really dont like building the same thing that everyone else is, at the same time. So for now Ill use all the Tempest builds as a guide on what to, and not to do.

Looking forward to more. :popcorn:

Cheers,

Glad you like it Brian. At least it means you'll get a lot of tips for yours. That's why I didn't want to start my B-25 when I did. But if I hadn't, I never would have finished it in time. Hopefully you'll show everyone your Tempest when you get to building it.

Thanks for stopping by. Loving the big Mitchell

Looking good,

I'll have to order one of these soon

Thanks Ron. You should order one, it's a nice kit. Good amount of detail parts to make it look good. Looks pretty accurate as well.

Hey Matt,

Did you ever figure out a good way to thin the wing attachment points on the B-25? I tried sliding mine on, but the amount of force I was using, I feared I would break something or pop a seam...

Thanks, Leo

Funny, I have a PCM Tempest enroute as well!

Hey Matt,

Did you ever figure out a good way to thin the wing attachment points on the B-25? I tried sliding mine on, but the amount of force I was using, I feared I would break something or pop a seam...

Thanks, Leo

Funny, I have a PCM Tempest enroute as well!

Hey Leo. No I didn't, sadly. I found that luckily I had built the model strong enough to not break, but it does take a lot of pressure to remove the wings for transport. I wish there was an easier way to do it.

Hope you enjoy my Tempest build. It's a nice kit, the fuselage is already closed up

I got the fuselage together last night, and got the seams cleaned up today. I found that I did have to sand down the radiator backplates a bit, but nothing drastic. Everything else closed up perfectly fine following the directions. Even managed to get it closed without losing any of the PE parts! I'm really happy about that.

The seams needed a bit of Mr. Dissolved Putty and Mr. Surfacer 1000 to make sure everything was nice and smooth.

Now it's time to get going on the wing assembly, which looks like it will also be pretty easy with some dry-fitting and sanding.

001_zps18c96060.jpg

002_zps2d0132c9.jpg

003_zps7d15e96c.jpg

004_zpsbd1f012d.jpg

005_zps6f105e93.jpg

006_zpsb43468f3.jpg

007_zps73cfcb01.jpg

008_zps54ca5bc7.jpg

009_zps2e0d319a.jpg

010_zpsc2db509b.jpg

Need to clean up the inside of the radiator assembly, which will be difficult because of the tight quarters. Maybe some Q-Tips and alcohol will fix that seam.

Thanks guys for looking in. Enjoy

Great work so far Matt!!!

John

Thanks John. Glad you like it. I'm currently fighting the wing assembly. I hate 5 piece wings, they my least favorite thing in kits. I also believe I got one of the warped center sections PCM sent an e-mail about, but I'm going to try and fix it myself before getting a replacement from them.