New Tamiya Corsair - Nightfighter conversion?

SinuheH

• 3 months later...

I plan to build my 3rd F4U-1 as a -2N. I have the Lone Star conversion set ordered but would like to find some decals for the -2N. What is available or coming soon?

Does the F4U-2 upgrade include the small airscoop on the right side of the fuselage forward of the cockpit?

Yes and it also includes the Radar scope and the extended exhaust tips along with the Radar pod with a illustration showing a measurement for locating the pod on the wing. There also is an illustration showing where to mount the scope. The instructions have a line drawing to help locate the scoop. Since I believe the Tamiya kit includes wing racks you get 2 racks that cloud be used on other aircraft. There is also info on removing some antennas. Too bad the kit doesn't include those two (2) 'T' type antennas mounted on the fuselage underside.. I'd appreciate any info on decals and/or masks for this conversion. TIA

Mike Horina

Edited by mhorina

I know it kind of foolish, but I plan on back dating my Trump into a night fighter and plan on using Lone Star stuff on it. What the heck, I have it, might as well use it !.......Harv