Tamiya 1/32 F15 canopies

rohan

Darren, good to see you here and thanks for the business. In 6 month I sold over 9,000 items to modelers( all 1/32 jet parts mostly Tamiya) in 42 countries, 7 continents( yes Antarctica) for 1500+ feedback sales, 2 people didn't like me -6 feedback. I quit from all the hassle of Ebay the company and the hassle of a few bad customers. A few people like Rohan spoil it for many people and Ebay charges so much that is not profitable, at least in the summer to bother with it. May do it next winter again but doubtful. Will see if Rohan responds and apologizes.

Any how, The C and E canopies are different, even though the windscreens will fit either model The difference is the E has a triangular reinforcement at the front canopy upright on the inside that the c does not have, and Tamiya shows this in the E and not the C. Also, the HUD, Instrument glass and weapons clear are all different as well.

Edited by ghatherly

Will see if Rohan responds and apologizes before I spill the beans on what happened with him.

Gary, while I appreciate that you might not be happy with Rohan's comments, I would advise that any dirty laundry over transactions between the two of you not be aired here.

Anybody seeking either party's side of the story is free to do so via PM.

Kev

Hi Kevin,

I think Gary should be able to at least say something as after a quick look through Rohan apears to have launched a pretty scathing attack on someone who appears to have had no issues with anyone else other than him.

Hope to see you back online soon Gary as your services are missed..

Darren, "That guy center762 I had major problems with" doesn't really constitute "a pretty scathing attack" in my book. And until Gary volunteered his identity as the eBay seller in question, no one would have known it was him, and no negative association with his name would have existed. I think it's clear from what's already been stated that whatever issues Gary and Rohan had with each other were an anomaly. There's no need for us to hear the details, as I think we can all draw our own conclusions from what's already been presented. If you really must know the details, PM either party (or both). Letting it play out in the thread only escalates the issue and leads to it being locked.

This kind of incident is exactly the reason we have a no name and shame policy here on LSP. What if we didn't, and Rohan had started a "bad trader" thread about Gary? The damage these allegations cause can be undoable. And if anyone thinks I'm taking sides here, I can assure you I'm not. I have my personal view like everybody else, but I won't air it in public, nor will I allow it to influence the fair management of this thread.

Kev

Hi Kevin, I didn't think I did anything wrong here as I did not air any dirty laundry, I came here to help a guy out and found this mess. I did not start it. Sorry if I broke a rule but why are you nor taking Rohan to the wood shed for his comments in the first place? Rohan brought me into this conversation. I understand the guy has been posting here a while and I am new. The thread was a question about a Tamiya canopy, and nothing to do about a seller or source for such a canopy. I always operate " if I cannot say something good, then say nothing at all" and there was no reason for Rohan to say anything about me, whether there was a connection to my identity or not. It was Rohan that injected the negativism into the conversation, and all I did was as him to clarify what his problem was. I would ask why action was not taken to scold him prior to me having to get involved? The only reason I even saw this is because this falls into my field of expertise and I was trying to help a fellow modeller out. I was really taken back when I saw what I saw, and was really very upset to be honest. I am sorry if I broke any rules.

Even after being bad mouthed by Rohan, I still answered his question so he and others could benefit. Everyone have a good day.

Edited by ghatherly

I am sorry if I broke any rules.

Gary, you didn't break any rules. Nor did Rohan for that matter. He simply stated that he had a bad experience with a particular seller. This isn't really bad-mouthing you; there were no personal invectives or attacks, and you weren't even identified at the time. I understand that you're upset about Rohan's comment, but my intervention is designed to make sure that this thread stays on topic and doesn't deteriorate into something ugly.

Kev

You're one of the most stand-up guys out there, Gary. I wouldn't sweat it.

You've sold to Antarctica??!! You have me beat. I can't recall ever sending a book that way. I think I have the other 6 continents licked, though. :)

Jake

You finished one?? I didn't know the goal was to actually complete the entire model. I thought the goal was to have as many started at one time as possible. I'm pretty sure I win at that.

I reckon you'd lose big-time to Matty there Jake. At one time he posted a list of all the kits he had started that were technically still 'in progress', and IIRC it was around 110.

Kev

You finished one?? I didn't know the goal was to actually complete the entire model. I thought the goal was to have as many started at one time as possible. I'm pretty sure I win at that.

Just keep cranking out them books, is all I ask!!! I hope two shockers in one thread is not to overwhelming?

Edited by ghatherly

• 9 months later...

You finished one??  I didn't know the goal was to actually complete the entire model.  I thought the goal was to have as many started at one time as possible.  I'm pretty sure I win at that.

Wager? :)

You finished one??  I didn't know the goal was to actually complete the entire model.  I thought the goal was to have as many started at one time as possible.  I'm pretty sure I win at that.

I reckon you'd lose by a wide margin to our own Matty. He compiled a list for us once, and it was easily 200+.

Kev