Tamiya 1/32 F15 canopies

rohan

Can anyone tell me if the front and rear canopies of the 1/32 Tamiya F15C and F15E are exactly the same size? Or are they different in each kit?

The rear canopies are very different, since the C is a single seater, and the E is a two-seater. The windscreen should be the same though

Matt :party0023:

Looking at both planes, the size of the cockpit area is the same. The F15C has all the avionics behind the pilot and the parts for both kits are the same sprues for the front fuselage parts. I need someone who has both kits to check and see if possible

they are not the same. the C canopy slopes downward while the E goes straight back for a bit in order to to fit a second seat in the area that on a C only holds avionic equipment. I have both kits. Pictures of both aircraft will show you the significant difference in the profile of the two canopies.

Bruce

The cockpit area is the same, but on the E model, the rear avionics area is replaced with the second cockpit. So the canopy has to follow a much higher arc in order to fit the second person and cockpit into the back. I have an E and C in the stash, but 1/48. The shape of the plane is the same though

Matt

Of course they are different between the C and E kit the profile on the two seater must allow for a second seat and second pilots head.

There is an Ebay seller who sells the canopies seperately and also sold the parts required to go from single to 2 seater.

Used him quite a bit for bits and pieces like that plus extra weopons but he appears to be offline at the moment but well worth getting on to.

Luckily i got my spare canopies from HLJ before they stopped selling spares but i have picked up some F-16 sets from Ebay for 2 seater canopies.

Check him out excellent dealer and a great source for odd bits and pieces.

29Eu now that is expensive compared to center.

Think i paid 15 USD from him on ebay plus shipping of 10 with other bits.

Funny you had a problem i know about 6 people who have used him numerous times without a problem.

What happened?

I found him a stellar dealer he even sent me extra snakeyes due to a 5 day shipping delay on my order.

Hope he is back online soon his parts come in handy for numerous projects and given how much you paid for a sprue that is far cheaper in Japan.

It seems Tamiya Europe is ripping people off big time.charging 29Eu for a 520Y sprue.

How do they justify charging 29Eu for a single sprue for $5..

Maybe you should be complaining about them rather than center...

Rohan, What problems did you have with me? Please be specific, as I will follow through on this and expect you to support your comments with clear facts. I did take the time to see if you are on my customer list, but you don't use the same screen name here and on Ebay and you don't list your real name and country. Why is that may I ask.? And why would you pay $37 plus shipping for a canopy, when I sold them for $17.99 + $8.50 insured shipping and handling. Heck, I could ave sold you two and still saved you money. Are you the German fellow that bought a CE set last summer?

Edited by ghatherly