Tamiya Birdcage....?

Saber

Guest Peterpools

Shane

Glad to see Kev was able to help you out with using Photobucket. I totally agree with Kev that using photo bucket is the easiest way to host and post photos from on the forum. As far as the grain is concerned, the ISO number and resolution you take the photos at are very important. The lower the ISO number and the higher the resolution, the finer the grain/noise. For example, I always shoot my photos at ISO 100 but not all cameras go that low, instead only going to an ISO of 200, which is fine. Try to avoid the higher ISO numbers as the grain/noise becomes very apparent. If you don't use a photo editing program or software, Photobucket has a very good editor which is easy to use and will allow you to adjust your photos before uploading them to the LSP site.

:rolleyes:

Shane

Glad to see Kev was able to help you out with using Photobucket. I totally agree with Kev that using photo bucket is the easiest way to host and post photos from on the forum. As far as the grain is concerned, the ISO number and resolution you take the photos at are very important. The lower the ISO number and the higher the resolution, the finer the grain/noise. For example, I always shoot my photos at ISO 100 but not all cameras go that low, instead only going to an ISO of 200, which is fine. Try to avoid the higher ISO numbers as the grain/noise becomes very apparent. If you don't use a photo editing program or software, Photobucket has a very good editor which is easy to use and will allow you to adjust your photos before uploading them to the LSP site.

:rolleyes:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info. That seems very helpful. Will have to try and play around with it. I was in a bit of a hurry the other night so I'll keep that in mind on my next batch of photos

Best,

Shane

For those of you that ordered the kit from HLJ have you actually received a shipping notice? All mine says now is awaiting shipment?

Mike

Hi Mike,

I combined the Corsair with another item I had waiting in my Private Warehouse. Mine is showing awaiting shipment as well. On a side note when I combined the Corsair with a Tamiya 1/32 P-51K the shipping came out to $45 for both which I thought was pretty good for 2-4 day delivery from Japan once it actually ships.

-Shane

For those of you that ordered the kit from HLJ have you actually received a shipping notice? All mine says now is awaiting shipment?

Mike

Go my shipping notice yesterday.

MIne now says "double checking" before final packing. How much double checking do you need for one kit!!!! It has said that now for a day and a half.

Probably the last time I order from HLJ.

Mike

Guest Peterpools

John

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with your order but that's just one of the reason I never pre-order.: just too many variables all the time. I purchased mine from Lucky Models and hopefully it will be here this week but you never know.

To be fair, it's not HLJ's fault that Tamiya decided to release the kit last in Japan. Also, remember that if they got their delivery of kits on July 20, it takes some time to get them in and start packing them up. They probably got a ton of preorders and they probably weren't able to get them all packed up on the 20th. Finally, they got them on the last day of the week, so any that didn't get packed up on Friday may sit until Monday (their time).

Tamiya seems to have a different distribution strategy with their latest 1/32 aircraft kits. For example, if you want their new 1/35 type 10 tank, they released it in Japan first, so if need that kit now, HLJ is the place to go. Who knows when they will arrive in the US or elsewhere?

Edited by Dave Williams

Guest Peterpools

Dave

Thanks for the info. Guess their distribution plans and reasons for such, are company secrets.

Hi everyone!

Thanks very much for the kind words on my Corsair over on HS. It's very much appreciated. For those that haven't seen it yet, I've opened a little thread on here so that you can see it for yourselves.

I hope that you like it!

All the best - Spence :)

Nice looking kit but I think perhaps be needs to get out more?

"Nothing in my working life matches the tension and eventual adrenalin rush of completing a huge project like this"

Really???

Hi. You do know that I build models like this for a living, don't you? ;)

Spence

Edited by Spencer Pollard