No:8 Zeke A6M5 Tamiya 1:32

Hi Folks.

Im new here nut have been following this forum for a while, so this is my first post here, and sorry for my poor english.....

This is my No:8 since my restart last year, (havent build in 19 yers), i keep them numbered in chronical order on planes that i finished since my restart.

Those who are interested how i did this chipping and weathering, just ask, ill explain exacly how i did it, have a build log at IPMS Gothenburg Sweden

you can check it out http://ipmsgoteborg.clubdiscussion.net/t3282-a6m5-saburo-sakai-land-of-the-rising-sun

The one that i build was the Yellow 210-105" of the 210th Fighter Group, Meji Air Base, Aichi Prefecture, 1944-45.

All insignias, red warning line on the wings, the yellow stripe on front of the wing, the red/yell/blue colored stripes on the wheel covers/hatch was painted using airbrush and masking tape, the only decals used was 210-105 and the japanese text "step here" on the wings,

Enough talkin and over to the pics, im not that good photographer, but enjoy the pics

1npp.jpg
u5qd.jpg
za4b.jpg
h6lc.jpg
fapq.jpg
kryh.jpg

/Mal

Hi.

Thanks.

Off course you can publish it on the website Kev.

/Mal

ps edited my first post, read it once again, som minor error in writing.

"All insignias, red warning line on the wings, the yellow stripe on front of the wing, the red/yell/blue colored stripes on the wheel covers/hatch was painted using airbrush and masking tape, the only decals used was 210-105 and the japanese text "step here" on the wings"

/Mal

Thx Thomas

Had to start all over, learning the new "colors" such Acrylic paints, types, how they behaving , learning weatherin by using washes (never donethat bedore), and many other things..

Im taking it step by step...not all at once, i like to have the control of what i am doing

Learning draw panellines, that requier some skill, scratchbuild some parts

I bought my First Aibrush 4 years ago, havent ever tried one bedore, but i didnt start then either, other things came in life :/.....

My models 20yers back i used only a brush.....and Humbrol enamel colors :)...Still have about 60 cans of them and they work great, i sealed them firmly :)...

Im very experimental in my aproach in building, find my way that fits me, im looking what other modelbuilders done and how they achieved their results wich are great and of cours their disasters as well, thats wery educating.

Off course im very critical of my own builds when they are finished, and using a forum to post my final results, share the feedback pro and cons, easer to see it in other perspectives then,

I some times fiddling with som painting/weathering detail and still not satisfied, and someone saying, DONT touch it, its perfect, i take a step back and reslize hell, ive missed the whole picture, it is perfect, happens now and then, so forum for menworks great to see things out of the box bybdoing eg building logs :)

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thx Gary.

This model was really one hell of a fun build.

A few pics from my build log on this one.

img3274u.jpg

My scratchbuilt gunsight glass on the gunsight

img0792piq.jpg

Chipping with salt, used Tamiya Glosa Black as basecoat, after that Alclad Polished Alu..

img0879zz.jpg

Resulted in this......

img7423e.jpg

Note, i used a scrap model i praticed on several times before i went doing it live..

Hope that wasnt to many pics :)

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford