Anyone for an RNZAF Skyhawk 'Kahu' panel and HUD?

Anthony in NZ

• 2 weeks later...

Kiwi guy #2 received the package from Kiwi guy #3... Kiwi guy #2 has overnighted the Kahu parts to Kiwi guy #1 at lunch...

I had a quick look at the parts before forwarding them on... Man that detail is really nice for it being printed!

Edited by Dave J

If Kiwi Guy #1 got the bits back to Kiwi Guy #3 before Friday, who then gave them to Kiwi Guy #5, who Kiwi Guy #3 works for, he could pass them to Kiwi Guy #4, to get some casting done next week. Confused yet?!

Realise it’s not likely in that time frame, but still a possibility for a quick turnaround and cost savings. Just sayin’... ;)

Edited by Talon

13 hours ago, Talon said:

If Kiwi Guy #1 got the bits back to Kiwi Guy #3 before Friday, who then gave them to Kiwi Guy #5, who Kiwi Guy #3 works for, he could pass them to Kiwi Guy #4, to get some casting done next week. Confused yet?!

Realise it’s not likely in that time frame, but still a possibility for a quick turnaround and cost savings. Just sayin’... ;)

LOL....Yup, but I think I know what you mean!

OK, Kiwi guys 2 and 3 came through and I have the box of printed cockpit parts in front of me here.....literally just got delivered and I am about to leave for work.  I will take it all with me (with the kit) and see if I get time to do a quick report.  But initial impressions are....WOW.  In fact initially I am struggling to see any print lines at all well, unless I get my magnifier out.

Stand bye all, I gotta get ready for work!

Alright......

Have had a brief few moments alone with these parts.  Initial test fitting seems to show the panel and coaming sizing is spot on (havent tried the HUD yet).  It all seems incredibly fine in detail, my only concern might be that the coaming might be difficult to cast as it is very thin as are the 'T' handles on the main panel. I figure these handles will be best cast separately anyway.

But other than that, so far so good. I tried to take a pic but it is a bit difficult to position everything carefully and take a pic...I'll try later on.  Why dont we have 3 sets of hands???

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks Bruce.  Yes mate, it has been a hell of a journey to get this far, but I am like a dog with a bone when it comes to stuff like this.  Your new email, yes that would be great!

Chuck, the idea is to put it into production, but not sure how far away that is still.....getting there!

Cheers guys

Anthony

• 3 weeks later...

Ok team

I thought best do you the courtesy of an update.  

The great news is that Barracuda are going to cast and produce it!  I have all the printed parts all fitted together and they fit beautifully.  However my issue is that I have cannibalized Aires Cockpit sidewalls and fitted them to my kit and am having difficulty ensuring they will fit a std Trumpeter kit.  Looks like they will, but I have had to carve up my cockpit that I have done so far and I ended up cracking my nosewheel well....:BANGHEAD2:arrrrrgh!  Which wont be an easy fix! ……...Anyway. :hmmm:.  The good news is that it seems like it will all fit together in the Trumpeter kit, coaming height looks good, but still a bit more fettling to do to confirm that.  Didn't realize there would be so much work at this stage, I thought the hard part was done LOL......  

I have to confess that I have had a bit of pressure from my engineers on my Auster T.7 rebuild with certain areas.  I am getting pressure to have everything ready for fabric on the fuse by the end of the year.  But you guys know me well enough to know that, that wont happen until its perfect!  New fuel lines and tracking down missing drawings and parts has kept me busy.   

Back to the Skyhawk, when I cracked my wheel well I had to put it down cos I was only getting ratty and doing more damage.  In fact I almost decided modelling wasn't for me anymore and I have enough on with real aeroplanes!!!  LOL, don't worry I have calmed down again.

I'll just finish off my fuel lines and I will be back into it......

Stand by team

Cheers

Anthony