Anyone for an RNZAF Skyhawk 'Kahu' panel and HUD?

Anthony in NZ

17 hours ago, GDW said:

Anthony, is there a complete cockpit included in Kahu upgrade set or just Kahu specific details to be used in conjunction with the Aires A-4E/F cockpit?

It is Kah  specific details that can be used in conjunction with the kit or Aires cockpits.  It will also include antenna set up externally

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, Fritz said:

Hi Anthony

If this is still on the cards, could you please put me down for a set?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike....we are all waiting mate.  Everything has been done and sent to Roy to put into production.  Just a waiting game for him to release it now.  Hence why I am working on my FG.1 Phantom whilst I wait too

Cheers Anthony

• 6 months later...

Roy at Barracuda has announced the Kahu upgrade for those haven't heard. Roy has pulled it for a couple weeks to add a couple more items to the set like square fintop, radar cooling intake and high intensity strobe.

No price or pic on the website... But The Modelling News has some images at the bottom of this link - https://www.themodellingnews.com/2022/03/preview-barracudas-13-new-products-in.html#more

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Roy at Barracuda has announced the Kahu upgrade for those haven't heard. Roy has pulled it for a couple weeks to add a couple more items to the set like square fintop, radar cooling intake and high intensity strobe.

No price or pic on the website... But The Modelling News has some images at the bottom of this link - https://www.themodellingnews.com/2022/03/preview-barracudas-13-new-products-in.html#more

Looks like I need another Trumpeter Skyhawk kit. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 7:17 AM, Anthony in NZ said:

Hi Mike....we are all waiting mate.  Everything has been done and sent to Roy to put into production.  Just a waiting game for him to release it now.  Hence why I am working on my FG.1 Phantom whilst I wait too

Cheers Anthony

Hey Anthony, anywhere we can go to have a look at what’s in the package? I’m having trouble finding pics anywhere on barracuda or Facebook 

4 hours ago, hamfists nz said:

Hey Anthony, anywhere we can go to have a look at what’s in the package? I’m having trouble finding pics anywhere on barracuda or Facebook 

Heya mate

Not at the moment, still frantically working on drag chutes, engine and tailpipe sets etc.  There is a lot going on at the moment.  I am only seeing CAD files and advising measurements, tweaks etc where needed.  Test prints are looking really nice but all prototype stuff and a few more bits added you wont be expecting!  I am sure you wont be disappointed.  The work gone into these has been uncountable

Sorry I am not much help, I am seeing Skyhawks in my sleep at the moment LOL

• 2 months later...

Looks like the set, as well as an exhaust set and drop tanks, are up for sale on the Barracude website.  Anyone know where to get decals?  Ronin Decals has sets listed for both the overall green and lizard scheme with the note “Coming in June 2022”, but they are sold out.  Not sure if they were released, and already sold out, or just haven’t been released yet.

Ronin has been redesigning the kahu sheets to adjust fit for trumpeter kits and add Draken markings to the all green sheet. Barracuda will be carrying the sheets.
 It sounded like he (Ronin guy, I forget his name) was nearly ready to start the new print run but the last Facebook update I saw was that his house and workshop have been impacted by the flooding in Sydney lately. Hopefully nothing too serious…