1:24 Trump Hurricane IID (Oh Big Guns)

TaffyMan

Ummmmmmmmmmmm VERY NICE!

Thanks Brain - Love the Luft Job very cool project! And looking at all the engineering I am looking forward to seeing this one flying :whistle:

Great work Taff! Looks sensational.

Kev

Cheers Kev !!!!

wow,cool. I really like the finish

Cheers Rich for looking and commenting much appreciated

Dam good Taff. Been following and it kept getting better and better !Very good representation of the real deal.....Harv :popcorn:  :popcorn:

Ta Harvey – much appreciated glad you have enjoyed. Making men and bits next GULP!!!! :frantic: 

Just stunning mate!  You have really captured the essence of the desert can opener....just love it!!

Thanks for such a great update

Cheers

Anthony

Cheers Anthony - Dirty Gal uhmmmmmm nice!!! Can't wait till you get the Mossy to this stage! Lots of weathering options……. They where worked real hard.

so... thats my kind of weathering here..... nice fish you get on the hook there hum?

cheers

shep

As a taster here are a couple of shots of her done - Had to shoot these outside as SWMBO was working at home so lost my access to the usual photo area and lucky the sun was out but still got a bit of blue colour cast. But you can see her in all her majesty.

Glad I did these as I can see some bits I have missed and it looks like the opening and closing of the canopy has scraped some of the paint away, Doh! :oops: 

So just need to make the Erks, Pilot and stuff for my Dio. Should be interesting to see how I go with my first venture into sculpting GULP  :frantic:  - might need a few beers for this one!!!!

:help:

Question to those that do the sculpting bits - what do you use I see a lot of people using, I think it is Sculpey Clay, so I thought I would give this a try first and see how I get on? Unless you advice / recommend something else?

Okay pictures

120-Hurricane-IID_zps862767b3.jpg

121-Hurricane-IID_zps5cac51a7.jpg

122-Hurricane-IID_zps88470fb4.jpg

123-Hurricane-IID_zps4d908776.jpg

Till next time (When the Meatbox is drying) any coments / tips always welcome

Cheers Taff :D

Wow that looks great. The oil paint rendering really made it come to life.

One question, how did you manage to do the exhausts like that? Was it pigments, or did you airbrush it on?

Matt  :frantic:

Hi Matt Congrats on the edumacation – so that's done more model time now!!! :yahoo:

The exhausts – First Gray Matters do some resin ones, as I now know!!!!! :doh:

So first made the mouth with tin foil put the wealds on – then using Halfords Hi-Temp Aluminium Rattle can spray. Polished this to a dull sheen.

Then sprayed a dark grey home brew along the bottom edge and slightly up the edges. Let it dry than polish back a bit.

Used a soft graphite pencil (6B) and rubbed this all over – more on the bottom edge than the top – polish to a metal sheen. I us kitchen towel paper as it is slightly rougher then cloth. This helps remove any excess graphite. Keep going until you are happy.

Seal with some brushed on floor polish.

Then a mix of Flory washes Light Mud, Concrete and a bit of black to finish. bit more graphite, polished. Wipe back and re-seal.

Final Flory Wash Rust – Washed back and wiped off so it is very subtle. Bit more graphite and polishing. Then using Tamiya pallet soot on the moths. I apply this using a wet dipped brush. Then a bit of Tamiya snow and a little bit of light grey chalk dust - The wet brush a fortunate accident on my part where I dipped a wet brush in to apply this once and realised it was water-soluble. Then blend it in with a clean dry brush.

Final bit some MM Semi-Gloss and then final MM Matt on the mouth openings

Hope that helps – and once again Congrats on passing your exams. 

Wow, that's cool! Amazing weathering Taff.

Kev

Ta Kev - I enjoyed it - it was fun!!!

Taff : D