JA 37 D(I) - 1/24 ---- SOD

1 hour ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

Thanks again, guys. All your nice comments help to keep th mojo flowing!

Rainer

It's a two-way thing Rainer...our praise keeps your mojo flowing, which in turn inspires us to improve (even though I have not yet followed your lead, but that will happen in the future once I complete my (long drawn out) master pattern work and a model build for a friend, then my time is my own! :) ).

Derek

Edited by Derek B

• 1 month later...

Here is a small update on the Jaktviggen. I did all the missing details on the thrust reverser. Not much to show, but it was quite a bit of work. Unfortunately it is not as clean and precise as I had hoped (and the macro lens reveals it all ... ), but it was the best I could do.

I consider the thrust reverser done and will proceed to the wings and main gear wells.

Here are the images of the thrust reverser (again, the lighting is crap, but one of these days ... wait, Ive said that before, haven't I ? )

TR_27.jpg

TR_28.jpg

TR_29.jpg

TR_30.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

Rainer

Edited by Rainer Hoffmann
Typo

• Rainer Hoffmann changed the title to JA-37 D(I) - 1/24 Thrust Reverser done

Thank you very much, guys. I didn't polish the aluminium, as Peter does on his models, so the panels look a bit unattractive and messy. But I don't bother, because the Viggen will be painted in my favourite two tone grey camo anyway :coolio:

The reverser section will go into storage until final assembly. Meaning for years, most probably ...

Thanks again for your continued support.

Cheers

Rainer

Edited by Rainer Hoffmann

On 4/25/2021 at 6:53 PM, airscale said:

that is frighteningly georgeous Rainer - such supreme metal work it could be sat on the factory floor at SAAB

..quite incredible

Peter

My thoughts exactly...

Don't worry about how long it takes to complete this project (or should that be Projekt?) Rainer, as it is a unique one of its kind model...quality takes time.

Cheers

Derek

Edited by Derek B

1 hour ago, Derek B said:

My thoughts exactly...

Don't worry about how long it takes to complete this project (or should that be projekt?) Rainer, as it is a unique on of its kind model...quality takes time.

Cheers

Derek

Well Derek, in German it's "Projekt" with a capital P ...:P

1 hour ago, dodgem37 said:

'. . .  it is not as clean and precise as I had hoped.'

At 175% it looks pretty damned clean and precise to me.  Great piece of work, Rainer.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks, Mark. In the flesh it looks indeed somewhat better. And I hope with some paint on it will perhaps look quite ok.

Cheers

Rainer