JA 37 D(I) - 1/24 ---- SOD

Hallo dutik,

super, danke für die Fotos. Alles hilft!!

Thanks for those pics, dutik. It's very much appreciated. Great pictures of the RAT!. As far as I know the RAT was always extended during take off, landing, taxiing and probably while the aircraft was parked, The last picture is most certainly a Draken, judging by the intakes.

Cheers

Rainer

Edited by Rainer Hoffmann

Its a pleasure. Yes, it is a Draken. These are old images recovered from a back-up, without names and descriptions. Anything that was at the exhibition of the recce unit, and any type of airplane. I have also some Spitfire images therefrom. So please check your references carefully for what is what to avoid the non-Viggen detail images lurking in between.

Regards

- dutik

Hallo dutik,

super, danke für die Fotos. Alles hilft!!

Thanks for those pics, dutik. It's very much appreciated. Great pictures of the RAT!. As far as I know the RAT was always extended during take off, landing, taxiing and probably while the aircraft was parked, The last picture is most certainly a Draken, judging by the intakes.

Cheers

Rainer

Seconded from me also dutik; superb photographs and invaluable to me as well as Rainer - Thank you.

Derek

G'day fellow modellers,

I was able to do some more work on the intakes. With all the new information thanks to dutik, Derek, Hubert and Lars I will have to modify the intakes a bit: But it is nothing too serious as my first assumptions were not too far off.

I have covered the cardboard structure of the port intake with styrene strips, filled the gaps with liquid styrene and roughly sanded it into shape. I also started to cover the starboard intake with styrene strips:

intake_02.jpg

I have roughly sketched in the position of the fuselage frames. The material of the intakes is just 1 mm thick. After I'll have cut them lengthwise into two halves the parts will be all but impossible to properly align. So I will beef up the areas between the frames to about 3 mm. That will allow me to insert small styrene tubes perpendicular to and across the line where I will cut the intakes apart. These then will serve as holes for locating pins. If this is unintelligible then please wait for the next update. It will become clear what the basic idea is.

Thanks for looking

Rainer

Edit: It's march already, so it's clear that I won't make it to the finish line of this GB. Well, I never expected to make it. But the GB provided the incentive I needed to get me going. Thanks again for your continued interest and your support.

Edited by Rainer Hoffmann

Does look very good Rainer, I see why you are doing this because as you said you are going to foil the inside, right.

:popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

Also dont think I will finish before the dead line, no worries eh.

Regards

Richard

Does look very good Rainer, I see why you are doing this because as you said you are going to foil the inside, right.

:popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

Also dont think I will finish before the dead line, no worries eh.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

yes, I will foil the insides of the intakes. At least I'll try to do that...

Cheers

Rainer