JA 37 D(I) - 1/24 ---- SOD

• 3 months later...

Long time no hear... A major project is keeping me away from the bench, so just a small update to let you know, that the Viggen is still alive and well. However, the roll-out date has just been postponed to 2023...

Anyway, I did the nozzle of the the RM-8B:

nozzle_01.jpg

Painted with different shades of Alclad. The shroud around the nozzle is still missing, because my attempts so far were far from convincing. I'm still looking for a good solution to that.

With all the metal work going on here (Peter, Geoff, 109...) I thought I'd do some skinning as well. I started with the vertical stabilizer, assuming that it would pose few problems. No real in-progress pics, as you can see how it's done in those exellent WIP's of the gentlemen mentioned above.

vstab_01.jpg

vstab_02.jpg

Some access panels are still missing. So is the pitot tube. But getting there.

vstab_03.jpg

In this close-up the rivets look quite deep. In reality they are very subtle and with some paint on they should only be visible when you look very closely.

I used Peter's (airscale) exellent riveting template and a 0.4 mm diameter hypodermic needle to do the rivets.

Next are the access panels and the rudder actuator fairings.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

Rainer

I come over all warm and fuzzy when I see this in the front page of the WIP section as I know I am in for a treat :)

and you don't disappoint Rainer - that panel work is perfect..

..I almost double dare you to paint it when the time comes as you WILL get attatched to the NMF :)

more please :popcorn:

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Rainer

Glad to see the Viggen is alive and well and some awesome skinning.

Looking fantastic

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks for your kind words, gents!

..I almost double dare you to paint it when the time comes as you WILL get attatched to the NMF :)

more please :popcorn:

Peter

Two tone grey it will be :fight:

No D(I) modded Viggen ever flew in natural metal finish. So out comes the airbrush :yahoo:

Cheers

Rainer