JA 37 D(I) - 1/24 ---- SOD

G'day Gents & Ladies,

long time no hear, but here I am with a small update.

It looks like an awful lot of work, actually. Great job as usual, Rainer!

Thanks for your kind words. Actually it has taken much too long to do this gun pack. It turned out to be quite a complex subassembly.

Only just seen this....and w o w.

Thanks a lot, Radders! Always appreciated.

Well, after I found some new (at least new to me) photographic evidence about the gun pack, I had to reshape the air scoop in front of the pack quite a bit. It's now ok, but still not correct. But I'm disinclined to completely redo the air scoop...

Anyway, I finally primed the gun pack. It is still missing some details, especially the gun muzzle, but I will only add those after I have installed the pack on the fuselage (that, however, will have to wait many moons...). Here are some pics:

GP_06.jpg

GP_07.jpg

And of course I couldn't resist to put the external tank temporarily in place on the centerline pylon:

GP_08.jpg

GP_09.jpg

I'll put the gun pack aside for a while and start something else. I should do the intakes, but I'm afraid they will be a PITA, so I'll probably do something else first. I'm inclined to tackle the thrust reverser section next. We'll see.

Thank you for your continued interest in this rather long term project.

Cheers

Rainer

Thanks a lot, ladies and gentlemen, for your kind words and your continued interest in this rather slowly progessing project. It really helps me a lot to carry on!

I've put the gun pack aside for the moment and started researching the thrust reverser section of the Viggen in more detail. This section is going to be quite a challenge for me and I'm not yet sure how I'll proceed. But here are some sketches of the thrust reverser. And while drawing these, I again had to admire the ingenuity of those swedish designers. The reverser is a marvellous piece of engineering.

Ok, here are my "production" drawings.

JA-37_Thrust_reverser_cpl.jpg

The developed views (is that a correct technical term?) of the inner faces of the reverser and of one of the reverser petals are at the bottom. I'll start with that part and then I'll try to figure out how to do the outer "hull" of that section. It will be tricky, that much is obvious. But I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

Thanks for looking

Rainer

Edited by Rainer Hoffmann

This is so impressive all round Rainer, not only can you make stuff out of styrene that looks like a professional aftermarket resin addition, but also your technical drawings are very very good too. What program do you use to make them?

Cheers,

Craig

Craig, I did these drawings in Adobe Illustrator, so they are not strictly "technical drawings". But some of the illustration tools are quite helpful even for this sort of drawings. At the moment I'm trying to get to grips with CorelCAD, but I don't seem to fully understand some of the CAD concepts yet despite the fact that I do have some experience in 3D modelling (Cinema 4D).

speed doesn't matter ...

Peter

Ah, wasn't that "size doesn't matter"? :hmmm:

Cheers

Rainer

Rainer GEEEEZ......amazing stuff....im impressed....im no a jet fan...but hell i know when i see skillfull work going on....and this is one....

Yep you got my attention.

Also i guess you know swedish language, if not.

Bränsle=Fuel ;) but yes i know that you know that,,,,but for them others that dont know and follow this thread..just a notice. swedish is weird language lol...

keep them posts coming...ive got my evening novels to read from now ;) even smal ones if you can.....this is really exiting and im very curious to see next post.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford