MiG-23MF Trumpeter 1/32

Arkady72

Just Beautiful! I am waiting for a resin cockpit for my MLD, and then........................................

Flogger stimulated my imagination in my childhood like no other aircraft... Many times I've seen it in the sky.

Here is my dark object of desire. I added into the Trumpeter kit resin cockpit, wheel bays and exhaust.

MiG-23MF008.jpg

MiG-23MF053.jpg

MiG-23MF048.jpg

MiG-23MF046.jpg

MiG-23MF033.jpg

Arkady72 I was busy finishing up my own bird, and just know got a chance to look at yours. I really like it and your work is excellent. I have to ask you, how was the trumpy kit to build? I ask because in the US jet kits with which I am familiar there are errors, in some cases serious errors that need to be addressed. I know Zactoman had to issue fixes for the SU-27, how is the mig-23 for shape, detail, etc? Keep up the good work and what do you have planned for next?

Gary

Arkady72 I have to ask you, how was the trumpy kit to build? I ask because in the US jet kits with which I am familiar there are errors, in some cases serious errors that need to be addressed. I know Zactoman had to issue fixes for the SU-27, how is the mig-23 for shape, detail, etc?

Gary

Gary, is there an ideal model? Of course no. I know that this Flogger has some errors, such as bad shape of splitter plates, R-60 missiles, pylons etc... To be honest it's not my priorities in modeling. The biggest fun for me is painting and "other" effects.

Keep up the good work and what do you have planned for next?

Academy's Super Cobra 1/35, but most of my models are in 1/48th scale.

• 3 weeks later...

Stunning work, I especially like the subtle weathering on the radome; what sort of technique did you use to accomplish it?

I used wet salt technique for that. Base color covered by the wet kitchen salt, then once it is dry I've oversprayed radome with lighter base color ( few drops of white paint added ).

Salt removed and ready.

Edited by Arkady72