1/32nd scale Dh89 master

GuildAero

I'd rather choose a scheme that is not existing presently.

I just would not want to open the can-of-worms of possible licensing, or owner-agreement, issues. Just too much hassle for a limited run kit and a small business like mine. For military subjects, I stick to the view that they are "common" (read taxpayers') property, but for civilian liveries, the modern brands and logos and image rights must belong to somenone. Less of a potential issue for companies that do not exist anymore. That is unless I have a specific demand and agreement from a "modern" owner or business.

Hubert

Hello Max,

The goal is to go into production. What would stop it would be my inability to deliver the goods, but not a question of the number of customers.

This is an old-fashioned approach to a risk-taking business. I decided to go forward with this initiative, and see what the outcome would be sales-wise.

The only thing is that I could not have done it without Martin's commission on producing the masters (he had started the project for an american customer, but t was then stalled, and with his help, we could take over the project again in 2013). Thanks to his skills, the project is closer to reality than ever before. We (Martin and I) took the measurements of another aircraft in Newark Museum in May 2013. I will have to see whether Martin is interested in this commission as well.

This project was initiated in 2011, with the idea of producing kits I despaired to see on the market. The idea is to do things I like, and hopefully, thanks to the almost infinite capacity of the net to reach far away customers, I will not be the only one.

The project has taken some setbacks for personal reasons in the last two years, but it is getting near now.

In the meantime, my list of projects has been filled by some manufacturers in IM, mostly KH. Out of my list went the T-6, the T-28, the OV-10, and another two I will not spell out explicitly because Glen has not authorised me to talk about them. One thing for sure, he and I have close tastes when it comes to aircraft models ;). I also lent a (very small) hand to Sosthène's (Waroff) magnificent Br 693 ...

There are other to come. I need to revive the CAC Wiraway, which I have some masters for. The Mystery Ship was on my list as well, and I crossed it when I learned about LSM's release. It is now revived as I believe I can do a more accurate one ...

My tastes are eclectic, but I'd like to add some certain Nordic blow-torches B)

I hope I have answered your questions.

Hubert

Cool stuff Hubert. Thankyou for attempting this project in the first place

We (Martin and I) took the measurements of another aircraft in Newark Museum in May 2013. I will have to see whether Martin is interested in this commission as well.

My tastes are eclectic, but I'd like to add some certain Nordic blow-torches B)

Hubert

Hmmm,.....one and the same aircraft or two seperate subjects?

Folland Gnat and the Saab Draken, or just the Draken.........?

Edited by geedubelyer

Thanks for that very full, frank and encouraging answer Hubert, that is all such good news.  I'll be delighted to have a DH89, perhaps more than one but you sound like my kind of man in "producing kits I despaired to see on the market".  The T-6 was on my bucket list, KH of course have done a kit that can be modelled as a Mk II Harvard though there's plenty of room still for a MkI! :) Other classics which have been ignored to date are the Tiger Moth, Avro Anson, Airspeed Oxford etc. so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that "you might be the man!!"

Regards

Max

Cool stuff Hubert. Thankyou for attempting this project in the first place

Hmmm,.....one and the same aircraft or two seperate subjects?

Folland Gnat and the Saab Draken, or just the Draken.........?

u

You have a very good crystal ball ... ;) Swedish barrels are nice too :)

Hubert

Thanks for that very full, frank and encouraging answer Hubert, that is all such good news.  I'll be delighted to have a DH89, perhaps more than one but you sound like my kind of man in "producing kits I despaired to see on the market".  The T-6 was on my bucket list, KH of course have done a kit that can be modelled as a Mk II Harvard though there's plenty of room still for a MkI! :) Other classics which have been ignored to date are the Tiger Moth, Avro Anson, Airspeed Oxford etc. so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that "you might be the man!!"

Regards

Max

It's got to have non-camoed options, Max, and then, anything is possible ...

Hubert