1/32nd scale Dh89 master

GuildAero

5 hours ago, GuildAero said:

I am now more than a little worried that the model will never see production.  I am not a patient man anyway, but now I have frankly given up hope for it.  I know at least 2 people who would buy the master from him, but, like some other of my old customers they won't sell, even though they won't produce.

Well that is very disappointing to hear.

I have heard from Hubert about the DH89a and it is not good news. His and his wife's health are such that he has no time for modelmaking of any sort, even hobby.

I have had interest from a couple of people in buying the master. Now that was a while back and their own circumstances may have changed, but I am now approaching them about that.  I will make any relevant announcements if and when anything positive happens.  

I understand Hubert no longer posts on here, so it will be I who posts about this topic when there's anything to say.

Cheers,

Martin

1 hour ago, mozart said:

I have the utmost respect and regard for Hubert, given his personal health difficulties I hope in the interests of "the greater good" that he agrees to sell the masters on if he isn't able to progress them.

Well said. I'm hoping at this point as the realization comes knowing he cant progress on it, he would be willing to sell the masters, as otherwise it would serve no one any good to have them decaying in a basement stash somewhere, lost to history forever.

I am currently trying to get interest in the masters from a couple of guys who showed an interest a few years back.  People ask me why I'm bothering.  Hey, I want my three kits that are part of the price of making the master!  And I think it deserves to be available.

Cheers,

Martin

12 hours ago, GuildAero said:

Interest and potential buyer obtained. Looks very promising at last.  Beyond that...nothing to say, wink wink, nudge, nudge.

Martin

7 hours ago, mozart said:

This is very heartening news Martin. 

Indeed, very good news! Here's to hoping the project comes to fruition

• 2 weeks later...

I have just checked everything over and it's all there in the original packing I sent to Hubert. Has my handwriting labelling everything. Thankfully, as I wouldn't recall what they were otherwise!  I just have both fuselage halves to repair with a small extreme tail replacement. Seems to be lost, but that's nothing really.

Cheers,

Martin