Tamiya 1/32 F-15C MSIP Kadena # 0107 99% completed

ghatherly

Out2gtcha: Hi Brian, Thanks for the kind note. You are absolutely right about those words of encouragement, and it really means something when your peers comment because they know what goes into what is under the hood. Our family is very active and we play hard out doors. I had had injuries from college football and such, nothing close to this all at once. My other passion is chasing Elk around in the fall and I cannot do that any more, at least not like I used to do it... It took me two years to walk and another year to ditch the walker and cane, so I am getting there. The nice thing the hobby did was keep me occupied to take the burden off of my wife and kids so they did not have to change their lives much dealing with me. I have one Daughter grown, one in college, and one in HS, and a wife in a masters program. These notes do mean a lot and I thank you for yours, Just trying to decide if I am going to finish my Revell Geasel next or start something fresh. One thing I want to do is upgrade my photography skills!!! as my pictures stink!!.

Pics arent that bad.................Ive usually found that any bad pics I tend to get, can most times be helped by the addition of more/better lighting. Not always possible to do in every situation, but can improve clarity greatly.

It is done!!!  These Kadena F-15's have just completed a major refitting, including a completely new wiring harness, anti corrosion inspection and treatment, New elevators, New Fins/rudders, and even new motors.  The Radar as been upgraded to the new V(3) AESA version, and many other RWR and IFF systems have been upgraded.  Word is the jets are some 3500 pounds lighter and now fly with almost 500 pounds of ballast in the nose due to component miniaturization, and the new 220E motors that were installed can produce up to 15% more thrust under combat conditions than the ones they replaced.  Forty years old and still feared by all but Raptors......

P6110005_zps0caa258c.jpg

P6070085_zps41ae83e4.jpg

P6110025_zpsffb8d120.jpg

P6110118_zps485caa14.jpg

P6110131_zps5ea232b1.jpg

P6110134_zps06d93c30.jpg

671b12d8-8144-41e7-b242-8221d42c62a0_zps

P6110093_zps2388d711.jpg

P6110015_zps8cdb8c49.jpgThanks for looking and for the support.  Gary

Edited by ghatherly

Good work Gary, I have one similar to that. I actually met the CO of the Kadina Eagles at an Airshow once. Had him autograph the box top of the Tamiya F-15c kit i had in my hands and then after looking at it he tells me that he had flown the actual aircraft depicted on the box.

Then he looked at me like I was a bit nerdy.

image_zps523b4ca0.jpg

Jason

SCAT, Thanks for the kind words. Why would you feel nerdy, these guys are far more deserving of a little support than any athlete, or actor and are truley worthy of such respect and admiration? Heck, just putting up with Air Force BS is enough to earn that merit badge!! I hope you still have it, man frame that sucker and hang it over the model!!! If you have not already done so. The jet looks great, Keep the faith. Gary

A splendid build of an amazing aircraft, very well done. Every time I see one of these kits built, I want to build mine. Welcome to LSP, and I look forward to seeing more of your work. What is next on your plate?

Forty years old and still feared by all but Raptors......

Haha... I love it!

Hi Daywalker, Sorry to take so long to get back with you. Thank you for your kind words and glad you enjoyed my 40 comment. Being in my 40's myself I thought it might hit home with many of us. Eagles are my favorite bird, and to think there are order to keep the line going through 2019. If the South Korean's buy those 60+ Silent Eagles, who knows how long the line will keep going, and with the longevity now being some 32,000 flight hours, these birds will be flying long after we are gone.

I am uncertain what I am going to build next, but I am build a set of F-15 Engines while I get inspired. The st on this build were done two tears ago and i have come up with some new Ideas, learned some new techniques, and have more skill now to go into more detail. These will keep me busy for a few months. Anyhow, thanks for stopping by and checking out my work. Gary

• 5 months later...