1/32 Boeing F4b4 - almost naked

Hi everybody!

Next part of my fight with the engine bay. Today i'd like to describe one of the most difficult problem in this area - carburator's air intakes. There are four intakes, two on each side, upper and lower. Upper intakes are forked and have slope to the front. I had to keep correct angles of all construction and have ability to locate it inside the framework. I joined both upper intakes with vertical main tube first. I made use of drawings in corell.

DSCF3344_zps25cd2e3d.jpg

DSCF3345_zpsd4f8201c.jpg

I glued mesh to the ends of intakes and next i put thin rings on them. I often use ca glue as a putty. I made the same in this case. Next I had to situated this part inside and to join with framework.

DSCF3347_zps0e79376a.jpg

DSCF3349_zps0c544b0f.jpg

Intakes were fastened by clamping rings. Correct angel of gradient was very important because intakes had to be perpendicular to the upper bares of framework.

DSCF3352_zpsfe98b873.jpg

DSCF3353_zps8dac4c3b.jpg

DSCF3356_zpsf3b8d7ec.jpg

This is not the end of difficulties but end of borring. See you next post.

Nice watching.

Tomasz

Tomasz, what are you using to create your straps on the Intake tubing? Looks like very thin styrene cut into strips and either formed and/or glued to the piping and framework? Can you offer more detail? Looks incredible!!

Brian~

Edited by Uilleann

Tomasz, what are you using to create your straps on the Intake tubing? Looks like very thin styrene cut into strips and either formed and/or glued to the piping and framework? Can you offer more detail? Looks incredible!!

Brian~

Yes, you are right. I made straps from thin sheet of styrene (0,1 mm). I glued thin Tamiya cement, place after place. I often use selfadhesive aluminium foil for straps. It's kind of foil applied in ventilation.

Thank's a lot for your numerous kind opinion. I'm glad that you appreciate this kind of model making. I will endeavour to intrest you and not boring to much.

Regards.

Tomasz

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings!

Continuation of my works within engine bay. I made carburator and other parts belong thereto based on photos.

zdj1190cie3_zps6af5bb55.jpg

zdj1190cie16_zpsf984a59c.jpg

zdj1190cie5_zps785a00e5.jpg

I had to touch lower air intakes. They consist of two tubes connected at an angle. There is a smaller tube inside. It was difficult to match intakes to main vertical tube and to carburator. Gunze liquid putty was usefull.

zdj1190cie35_zpsf1e0c380.jpg

zdj1190cie54_zpse079329f.jpg

zdj1190cie5_zpsc829e85a.jpg

Regards

Tomasz

Edited by tomaszhajzler