1/32 Boeing F4b4 - almost naked

Hi everybody!

Thank you, my invincible watchers for your pleasant comments.

I'd like to discribe my efforts into stabilizers today. There are stabilizers in one piece with elevators in the kit, so i cut them off. I decided that port stabilizer will be left with skin. I had to modify this part. First I made recess in rear part of stabilizer for hinges. I also reconstructed endings of ribs. I modified positive rivets line on surface. Elevator and stabilizer got wearing-irons. i also delicate milled rows on both sides of elevator witch were missed.

DSCF3102.jpg

image_zps1ac26705.jpg

image_zpsf9a424b2.jpg

image_zpscb0ca8ce.jpg

DSCF3099.jpg

DSCF3100.jpg

This is the end of port side stabilizer, for now. I think that starboard stabilizer will be more intresting, but that's another story.

Regards.

Tomasz

Thank's guys for nice opinion. I'm glad that not so popular subject has a resonable circle of spectators.

I decided to make starboard stabilizer without corrugated skin, only construction, spar, ribs, leading edge. First I made base with drawing of stabilizer and elevator. It will help me to get correct geometry of parts. I cut stabilizer leading edge and elevator front and trailing edge from kit part. Of course I had to sand off corrugated surface first. Rest parts this is scratch.

DSCF3109.jpg

DSCF3071.jpg

DSCF3072.jpg

DSCF3094.jpg

DSCF3096.jpg

DSCF3113.jpg

Regards.

Tomasz

Edited by tomaszhajzler

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Thank you Hakan for kind comment.

Time is ripe for wings. Lower wing for starters. I don't know who came up with an idea to make halves of wing such way. There is seam on bottom surface, so i filled it out ca glue. Surface of wing had to be reworked so i decided to sand it off.

image_zpsaa25144b.jpg

image_zpse08ea7c0.jpg

I've left starboard wing with full skin. I'd like to show spares and ribs of port side wing on the other hand. Leading edge wil be cut from kit part. So let's begin.

image_zpsa5563a3c.jpg

I made hole for a holder on the tip.

image_zpsd87d5c26.jpg

I had to fill empty space after cutting, so i used ca glue.

image_zpsc88bc6f2.jpg

First part finished.

image_zpsb52d2a9d.jpg

First rib is visible on last photo. Description how I made them in next post.

Regards

Tomasz

Hi everybody!

Thank's for comments.

Yes, very amazing! LOTS of hard work but amazing work. :popcorn:

Yes, you are right, lots of hard work, sometimes this is war, an uphill struggle, but satisfactory on the end.

Today my ribs factory. I had to make 17 ribs, 15 the same. So I made my template first. I cut it from telephone card.

image_zps6354bb11.jpg

I chose telephone card due to the fact that i took Tamiya thin cement to join parts of ribs. I put my template on metal plate and i attached using Tamiya tape. I made ribs from evergreen struts of diffrent size.

image_zps1e067a67.jpg

image_zps3140b196.jpg

image_zps8ff47feb.jpg

Regards

Tomasz

Edited by tomaszhajzler