Trumpeter A-6A Intruder

petrov27

I've started cleaning up the cockpit parts, and I noticed there's no throttle. I can't tell if the little bump molded into the throttle tracks is supposed to be the throttle (if so, it's way too small) or if they meant to have a separate piece and just didn't bother. I'm hoping Aires steps in.

yep - no throttle other than the little bump there. Though I think the plastic provided is not bad there is huge scope with this kit for the resin aftermarket should they wish to tackle it.

Man I gotta get some pics up of my progress - maybe 2nite.

I've started cleaning up the cockpit parts, and I noticed there's no throttle. I can't tell if the little bump molded into the throttle tracks is supposed to be the throttle (if so, it's way too small) or if they meant to have a separate piece and just didn't bother. I'm hoping Aires steps in.

I have a feeling the cockpit we get from Aires will be the E! A few Photo Etch parts fro the intrument panel is really all thats needed. Trumpeter got it about 70% right, the rest of the cockpit I can't make heads or tails over what they were thinks or guessing. The Tub itself is wrong so! Hope the aftermarket gods get it right! Painted my cockpit lastnight and just had to bite my toung and paint it!!

Paul

Well, if one wants to do an A-6A, none of this sounds encouraging.

I didn't buy an "E." I bought an "A." Hopefully the AM people will figure that out!

Tim W.

Let the aftermarket flood begin!

Intake covers from AMS.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/ams32087.htm

Personaly I think the intake trunks are the least of this kits problems! Not a very long seam and with the time it would take you to clean up a resin intake or cover you could just have it seamless! At least Trumpeter added a nice PE set of blades. The exhaust pipes will be more of a challenge, they bend and twist! and you'll see the seam big time! If your going to cover the intakes to get away from the seam than you might look into making some can covers as well!!

Paul

ha - apologies - I am being bad about pics - maybe tonight or tomorrow.

pit is done except I am so stuck on painting the ejection seat handles in the proper yellow with black stripes - this has always been a pain spot for me - just cannot get results that I am satisfied with (my black stripes look like crap...) On my third attempt this evening - going to try something different to get neat stripes....

What I do is grab two pieces of string or very fine electronic wire, one black the other yellow.

Get hold of a piece of wood or use a vise.

Steady a big nail or metal rod.

Start braiding the two until you are satisfied with the length.

If you are using string, pass diluted Elmers glue to keep them together.

If you use the wire, they will stay twisted together.

Make little holes where the face curtain handles would go.

Cut to desired length.

Voilá the perfect stripped black and yellow miniature barber pole!

HTH.

Thanks guys - my solution was a little different for the ejection handles to paint the stripes but it appears to have worked reasonably well last night; when I get home tonight I intend to close the fuselage and finally get some pics.

Also have the intakes built, the un-needed panel lines on the fuse filled, the front landing gear built (wow like 17 pieces) and some other bits together....