F-14A VF-41 Tamiya- FINISHED!

Fabio taira

Hi .. Typhoon..

Hey buddy , I think you are describing this guy here below  .. Is that right?

VF41-CAG-160379.jpg

So I have one of this version in my wishlist too ;) . But in 1/48 scale..

I think that the challenge to reproduce  this hi-vis profile is finish the model and , at final, it look like a real aircraft and not a toy for kids..

see you guys ...

FT

Edited by Fabio taira

• 3 weeks later...

On the backward section of the fuselage I changed it to low relief to keep the same pattern along all airframe.. ;). As almost everybody knows , Tamiya kits have half low(forward section - from the nose untill air intakes) , and the backward section , after air intakes are all high relief ...  so I chose to "dig" it   :mental:

b8c250571ed6c465ac08e1e5da1331fc_zpsovew

cracks filled with putty and sanded

a563603b8957f4124eaea9deeba98453_zpsd4hs

after finishing main gear wheels wheel plus details and canopyI'll start to work the paint ... :thumbsup:

Edited by Fabio taira

• 3 weeks later...

Hi .. Typhoon..

Hey buddy , I think you are describing this guy here below  .. Is that right?

VF41-CAG-160379.jpg

So I have one of this version in my wishlist too ;) . But in 1/48 scale..

I think that the challenge to reproduce  this hi-vis profile is finish the model and , at final, it look like a real aircraft and not a toy for kids..

see you guys ...

FT

OOOOOOOOO.

VF-41. Mee Likee.

-d-

Edited by David Hansen

Fabio, this is just a suggestion, but for those bare metal areas on the leading edges of the vertical fins and wings, you might want to experiment on a scrap model using MM Steel over gloss black. I thought it looked a little bit better than aluminium, which seemed to me too bright.

While not 32nd scale, here is a 48th scale F-8E that i used steel on. You be the judge. Just something to think about...

DHF-8EFlatFinish003.jpg

DHF8EStbd001.jpg

DHF8EStbd005.jpg

DHF8E-Port007.jpg

I know i've posted pics of this model in many places before, but it's the last jet that i actually finished.

By the way, I built the 72nd scale Fujimi Tomcat and i can say the F-14 is a very geometrically complex aircraft, so i can appreciate the handling and access challenges you must be going through.

david

Edited by David Hansen

Hey David ..

This leading edges looks  very nice and technic very well applied. I took a look in some pics in our old crusader and I saw that appearance is very close to the real in some pics , but in the case of this squadron specifically , this edges are little more 'smooth'. On your model, from the top view, especially the wings, we can see very expressive metal to the 'bright chrome'  ... as we see , more and less, on the wings of Blue Angels jets ... 

But this is only a detail  . I have to say , you made a great job on this model .. It was very beatiful .. congratulations !!!!!! Se your job give me fuel to make my F-8 that I have here ...

thanks for appreciate my sequency here ... I hope not let you down ... :thumbsup:

see you .. 

FT...

Edited by Fabio taira

• 3 weeks later...