Tony O

dazzle buffaloes

A while ago , I posted a request for colour information on the old board on the MacClelland-Barclay disruptive dazzle schemes trialled by the USN on Buffaloes and SBD2's.

Hopefully here is a pic of what I was banging on about.

Again any information regarding the colouring of these very modern looking schemes would help immensley in preparing some profile art.

As I can't find any evidence of the colours, I'm open to sensible discussion of probable colours / tones.

For starters there are three greyscale tones evident on this image, the lightest is possibly white?

cheers

Tony

nope..

I'm off to the pub for some Guinness inspiration

it maybe true that the solution to all your problems aren't in the bottom of a glass, but at least its fun getting there

T

Hi Tony,

I posted the same q a year ago or so ar HS. A fellow whose name I forgot sent me some copies of an old issue of Scale Aviation Modeler. These are the only 3-view drawings of the famous Barcklay that I know of. If you give me your address, I mean non-electronic, I can send you some copies.

Apart from that, the only source of good info on these schemes are the pics at the Naval History Center that you already know.

Cheers

Rato

Hi Rato

thanks for the offer of the pics , will they scan? I seem to remember this article vaguely but I'd love to discover some first hand colour information without relying too much on magazine articles....being able to back up sources and verify information is important. The article will be a good starting point though. I'll mail you off board with my details.

cheers

Tony