Modern Heli kits, will we ever see?

seiran01

Hi folks,

What's the chance we'll ever see an AgustaWestland A109, or an NH.90, or other newer helicopters, in large scale plastic? I'm keeping fingers crossed that someone will do a Lynx Wildcat but having helis the RNZAF uses such as the NH.90 and A109 will be much more up my alley (unless they're bad-arse attack helicopters, I'll build those in any markings!)

Overall I get the impression that chopper kits don't sell as well as fixed wing aircraft, does anyone have any insight on this?

Mike, interesting subject, having been asked a couple of times here at LSP, and i guess fixed wing building is apparently more popular, though helos from time to time tend to appear to also being built by our "brethern",

but in general too few to my likings as well.

I have a reasonble stash of helicopter kits in the big scale range, and funny enough only one or two have been built during the last years (Bell 47 and Kaman Huskie) by myself, but then again i'd be a slow builder in fixed wing too.... :hmmm:

But the availability is indeed less than the fixed wing issues, and a NH90 and A109 would be very welcome, but then again the whole range of Eurocopters and such is present, but maybe becoming "boring".

A MDD NOTAR would be a nice subject for instance, or a Sikorsky Seaking, a Westland Gazelle, a Sikorsky Skycrane......, a Piasecki H-21 flying Banana, a Kamov Ka-25, a......ok, ok you get the picture, i'm with you on this...

cheers,

Jack.

Yepp, there are huge gaps when it comes to LSH...

...seems, as if they don't sell that good... :(

heeey, that's a good one: a LSH group build...

And Michael, this would be a great opportunity for you to build civilian......

J.

heeey, that's a good one: a LSH group build...

And Michael, this would be a great opportunity for you to build civilian......

J.

Hehe, indeed...

...SABENA S-55 perhaps? :rolleyes:

I'd vote for this (which I had a small part in building). The fastest helicopter in the world....well not quite...the Sikorsky XH-59A went 303 mph....the X-2 only made it to 300

300px-Sikorsky_X2_in_flight.jpg

Edited by TimC

Personally Im not too much of a helo guy.....................however.............(isnt there always one of those?) there IS one helo Ive ALWAYS wanted in 1/32. It would be ginourmous but Id buy one in a heartbeat:.......

1/32 S-64 (any version):

ert6jeryjgyhjfg.jpg

n217ac07252010constantia.jpg

Edited by Out2gtcha

Guest Dekenba

It could be that aeroplanes are popular because they tend to be war-planes with guns, bombs & tons of cool finishes & a multitude of designs, from way back in WWI to now.

Helicopters tend to be transport, civilian or similar - there are not that many military weapon carrying choppers & not that many designs, especially compared to fixed wings.The history and depth of subjects is also a bit thin.

Having said that, of there was a significant demand, I'm sure it would be filled by somebody - there just doesn't seem to be any.great demand.

I remember a few years ago (?) there was a guy who scratched a 1/32 S-64, and it was AMAZING and big........Harv