Revell He111 H-6 reviewed...

nmayhew

Nice one!!! :goodjob:

Great review ... more aftermarket required!! (kinda knew that from the 1st one though!)

Thanks for taking the time and effort to do those ... very invaluable for us to know what we're walking into!

Cheers

Rog :)

I see Revell still haven't realised their MG's are 1/48...and in any case, they fitted the MG 17 to Heinkel 111's from I think the H-3 or H-4 onwards due to the inadequate defensive fire from the MG 15.

Nice review thanks for the effort.

In short by swapping around the front glazings do you think you coukd get be judicious masking a good represenation of the MG FF or MG15 noses?

From your comments i gather they are reversed could you unreverse them without huge difficulty?

Nice review thanks for the effort.

In short by swapping around the front glazings do you think you coukd get be judicious masking a good represenation of the MG FF or MG15 noses?

From your comments i gather they are reversed could you unreverse them without huge difficulty?

There is more than just masking as both the size and locations of the hole for the gun are different. For the MG15/17, you have a small round opening that is offset a ways from the center of the bubble. For the MG-FF, it's a large rectangular opening that is nearer the center.

I think Dave is right, but would have to look at the parts again to see for sure

I have to chat with A2zee about the ventral gondola, so along with this might make it more worth their while?

Will keep you posted

Glad the review is of use

Nick

Interesting review & thread Nick, particularly as I think I'm going to do a recon H-3 based in Finland, it features on one of the Begemot 1/72 sheets. Have you seen the photo of the HpH interior, it's on their website, looks like it doesn't have a bomb bay, would this be suitable for a later H with external stores, and perhaps recon aircraft?

Sorry for lack of links, computer down, using phone.

Edited by Kagemusha

These days are great as far as modelling is concern! I remember 25 years ago, that we were making fake dreams for a decent Spitfire kit in 32nd, and then we just realised that this wish is something of a commercial risk from the model companies point of view! Nowadays we have so many 32nd kits out there, and most of them out of any thought completly 25 years ago! He-111 in 32nd scale???? Grumman Bearcat 32nd scale?? A-1d Skyraider, SU-25 frogfoot? HE-219 UHU in 32nd scale??????????? :doh: Mama mia!!!!!! i wonder why some people are still feel unhuppy!!!! :fight:

There is a lot more ''strange Airplane kits'' along the way in 32nd!!!!!

I'm not a familiar with this aircraft and what the difference between this issue and first issue?

Hi

Without wishing to be cheeky, can I suggest you actually read the review first?

If you have read it, I would be surprised if you need to ask that question.

If I can take the time to research and write a 4000+ word review, the least you can do is take the time to read it.

Nick