1:32 Tornado GR1, operation desert storm.

viperfixer

Well, it's about time for a new update, and I was hoping to show you some recent pictures, but unfortunately my camera is gone!. Came home one evening last week after being away for 3 days and found my front door was open. I went inside and it turned out I had burglars.

They didn't take much, probably they were looking for small valuables that are easy to take away and I don't have much of that, but they did take my camera. Too bad, it was already a few years old but still worked good and took pretty good close up pictures so I was very happy with it.

Well, what can you do? Most important thing is that my two cats are alright.

Luckily I had the memory card with me, so here are the final pictures I took with my now stolen camera. I'm a bit further already now, got both pods painted desert sand already and been working on some other parts. Those pics will be with a new camera which I still have to buy. Don't know how long that will take, don't know much about it so I'll have to do some research first. So, any suggestions??

Got the other tank finally finished and primed:

lp8u.jpg

Some detail painting done, still needs weathering and dry-brush:

hm5m.jpg

hpxi.JPG

And here it is, the definite final, absolutely last pic taken by me with this camera:

maad.jpg

Got the other bomb ready and primed too now.

Ok, that's all I can show you now, hopefully more soon, thanks for watching! 

• 1 month later...

So, finally bought a new camera so I can show you the progress I made. It's a Nikon D3200 with macro lens, my first dslr camera, so I have to learn a lot on how to use it. These are some of the first pics I took with it with the easiest settings, they're not very good yet, but I just wanted to have something to show.

v0mp.jpg

wg9b.jpg

apb6.jpg

djx8.jpg

pqy0.jpg

s4dg.jpg

9ed3.jpg

p72e.jpg

3kuv.jpg

2a89.jpg

As you can see the general painting is done. Tried not to overdo the weathering, although it's pretty hard to overdo that with these planes, but I didn't want to ruin my paint job. Also got the landing gear and doors installed, still some work to do on the wheels. The BOZ and ECM pod are finished and tanks and sidewinder painted but they still need detail painting and finish. Still have to start painting the bombs. Also still have to do the seats, inside of canopy and sills and exhaust-painting and the AOA probes. But after that it's about finished, so the end is in sight!

Edited by viperfixer

Thanks a lot guys, glad you took the time to check in like it! Been playing with the camera a bit today so here's a few more pictures. Still figuring it all out, but at least the colors look pretty much like in reality.

967c.jpg

mk6f.jpg

xif1.jpg

41p9.jpg

The last bits and pieces aren't going very fast anymore, but lets hope with the next update it will be finished.

Edited by viperfixer

Alright, didn't realize those modern camera pics are so big. My laptop couldn't handle my own post! Did save them to a smaller jpeg size already but still wasn't good. Now I found out how to change the resolution, so I did that and reloaded the pics. Working fine now. So sorry if I caused anyone problems or if someone had to restart the computer because of that (that happened to me, old laptop). Lessons learned!

Thanks a lot!

The photos look great, and really capture the great job you are doing. Often these hi-res pics show flaws the naked eye cannot see, but not with your build! Did you use pastels on the rudder?

Cheers, Tom

No, I used MIG pigment black smoke. Really great stuff, easy to use and gives a very realistic effect.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This build ever got completed?

Well, it's on my display shelf, but without seats and bombs, and still need to do the inside of the canopy, for the rest it's finished.  Been doing other builds since then, but I still hope I can finish these last little parts some day. 

Thanks for asking though!