Revell He111H-6 in the US

Dave Williams

Great price in the US but another example of the rest of the world getting gouged to subsidized the US price..

60 £ at Hannants will be well over 100 Aussie here probably around 125 so almost double plus. With the superb new B-17G coming i know where my cash is going and it wont be to help keep prices cheaper in the States! :-)

Say hello to Hong Kong little dollars!

Oh have they fixed the oversize front blister??

Not sure there is subsidizing going on here. Regarding the 60 pounds at Hannants, that includes VAT. Select export price and US dollars, and the Hannants price is $77. At Scale Hobbyist, the retail price is $86, or $9 more than the Hannants price. Seems like SH is simply giving more of a discount than Hannants. Also, it's possible that the SH price is a limited price for the first batch imported into the US. They did that for the 1/72 Revell A400 Grizzly. The first ones in the US were cheaper and then the price shot up. Look at the SH price on the RoG P-1 kit (not the US Revell rebox). It's much higher than the new H-6, even though the price of the kits are the same at Hannants.

another reason for the low price is the dealer (he's known for this) is selling them $5 above wholesale pricing. Dont let one dealers price determine what the market price should be. If dealers sold all their kits that way,there wouldnt be a dealer to get them from much longer. quite frankly, because of his practices,many other dealers will be out of business before long.

They are £49.99 free shipping on eBay from a UK seller, so fill your boots.

I picked one up for £47 all in from an eBay auction (hoped to get it cheaper but hey ho)

They will be sub £45 in a few months; the P is out there for mid to late £30s on eBay too.

Revell is pretty much the only company (Airfix? But do they actually make anything I want?) where we in UK and Europe DON'T get shafted on price

another reason for the low price is the dealer (he's known for this) is selling them $5 above wholesale pricing. Dont let one dealers price determine what the market price should be. If dealers sold all their kits that way,there wouldnt be a dealer to get them from much longer. quite frankly, because of his practices,many other dealers will be out of business before long.

Well I don't honestly care about anything apart from price; hence why so many UK modellers buy from Far East - fed up of getting ripped off