Are you mystified by kits that haven't been kitted yet?

wunwinglow

I think we've gone all over the map. If we print the encyclopedias of military aviation, we're not going to see much. Since a bunch of companies released 109s, and Mustangs at the same time, wouldn't it be better all around if like WnWs, the companies actually talked to one another or decided to not start on a plane being released by someone else. WnWs doesn't want to compete with Roden. WnWs was already working on the SE5a and the Sopwith Trip when, out of the blue, Roden came out with them. Companies have to realize that by coordinating their release types will not only give modelers more choices, but will allow them more profit on what they do release. Since manufacturers won't be trying to race each other, they can spend more time and give modelers a much better product. Richard Alexander of WnWs has stated that WnWs is coming out with every WW1 airplane type used in WW1 except any decent plane released by another company, with the exception of types that a Co. has discontinued, such as Hobbycrafts SPAD Xlll, and their Camel LeRhone and Clerget Camels.

I've started scratchbuilding these. Usually this results in an injection moulded kit coming onto the market days before the model is finished....

Tim

Tim,

If that is the case, do you think you could scratch build a Val, Kate, Devastator, Skua, Do-17, A-20, B-26 Marauder, Betty, Nell...?

Thanks,

Stephen

Personally I'm more mystified by the number of kits in my loft that I haven't built!! :hmmm:

Seriously though - I'm certainly not mystified by subjects that haven't been kitted yet - I'm still busy being blown away almost daily by all the stuff that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Iain

Personally I'm more mystified by the number of kits in my loft that I haven't built!! :hmmm:

Seriously though - I'm certainly not mystified by subjects that haven't been kitted yet - I'm still busy being blown away almost daily by all the stuff that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Iain

lol too true!!! I find it all to hard to keep up with the pace of releases ... Since Dragon started releasing 1/35 armour, that market niche has been hard to keep pace with also ...

It is good to see the spread of little guys releasing projects along side the big guys ... I'd say with all the demand out there (old and young) the industry won't die off in a hurry!!!

I must say I was suprised at ROG's non-Do17z selection following other BoB beauties at the time - but since I was informed about how they operate

(measurements off the real thing etc) it makes more sense to me now.

Edited by Artful69

The Mariner has to be one of the ugliest airplanes ever built. It makes a Caribou look like a Prom Queen.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me the Martin Mariner is a thing of beauty.

Hell, to me any flying boat and float plane is a thing of beauty.

Stephen

In trying to keep to the theme of popular kits not produced, and not turn this into a why o why has no one made a model of my personal favourite in my personal scale of 1:27.623458123. How about actual kits that haven't been released although 75% or more of the tooling has already been done.

Tamiya 1:32

Type 22 and 32 zero. Most of the parts already exist from the previous zero releases

Spitfire mk IX, e the wing exists from the cut down mk XVI

F-16 D, come on Tamiya you've already made the PE for it

F-16 C by combining the two versions already released

F-4E late, and then F and G's.

F-4B many parts are already common from the C/D release

That's just off the top of my head from Tamiya in 1:32.

A few of mine..

Dornier 17Z

Boulton Paul Defiant

Spitfire 21/22/24

Arado 96

Val

Westland Whirlwind

F4u-5 /-7

Fiat G.46

Beech 18

On the flip side of the coin....I still can't believe the number of types that I've seen released in 1/32 that I never thought I would ever see! I would have included the T-6 and DH Hornet in my list, but these seem to be covered too! Happy days!

Regards;

Steve

Stephen;

I was going to add the Ju87A to my list as well, but I didn't because I think that Trumpeter have announced an 87A. It would make for an eye catching model, especially in the pre war Luftwaffe three tone colour scheme. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Regards;
Steve