Sign in to follow this  
JohnB

Revell/Hasegawa FW-190D-9 build

Got started on this one over the weekend. I plan to do "brown 4" from JG-26 with the broad Ta-152 type tail. I'm using Eagle Editions after-market cowlings and cockpit. Just about got the cockpit done except for a few small items. For some reason the straps look yellow in these photos but they are in reality tan brown.

4-29-132_zpsd7ede41b.jpg

4-29-13_zps39cb5913.jpg

Nice subject choice John! Looking forward to this one. It may be my monitor, but the seatbelts look very yellow. Are they that way in real life?

Nice subject choice John! Looking forward to this one. It may be my monitor, but the seatbelts look very yellow. Are they that way in real life?

Thanks Frank. No, the belts are tan/brown. I don't know why they show up yellowish here.

I like your choice. I love that it's wings remained unpainted underneath and that it has the brown 4 on the gear doors as well. I can't wait for your next post!

Nic

A little more progress. The cockpit and the cowling are Eagle Editions. The engine accessory section is stock kit. Fit is very good although the gun cowling needed some heat and bending to get a better fit.

5-1-132_zps033f961b.jpg

5-1-13_zps08efa49e.jpg

5-1-133_zps3a6b804c.jpg

Your killing me, you started your B-25 after I started mine. Mine is still kit ready to be built and your on your third build since!

Looks good so far John!

Ron

Your killing me, you started your B-25 after I started mine. Mine is still kit ready to be built and your on your third build since!

Looks good so far John!

Ron

LOL Ron! I just have more time to build than a lot of folks. And I really enjoy building. How's the '25 coming?

Holy moly John! Just got home from vacation, didn't expect to see her ready for paint already! Looks very good, can't wait to see more progress pics!