Rant of an old and neurotic man.

Ironwing

Here's the traitor hypocrite here. I found a Tam Stang and got it for my Barracuda Millie G decals. It'll look nice next to my Spits. I don't like giving negative comments on other's models. If they weren't proud of it, they wouldn't have posted it. I once had a full size Piper 150 that I flew. I thought of repainting it with a little paint on the edge of the windows, a center black line running down the center of the fuselage, a little paint on the edge of the tires, and even large finger prints. Only I went into the Army and sold it when I got out. I never flew again, but I never quit making model planes, even in the Army.

In the ward you only had a bed, no sink or toilet. Not like my prison cell. After breakfast therapists would conduct games for those interested in participating. My favorite was an acting session. So Stephen you may call yourself crazy and perhaps you are, but I am certified nuts.

Here's the traitor hypocrite here. I found a Tam Stang and got it for my Barracuda Millie G decals. It'll look nice next to my Spits. I don't like giving negative comments on other's models. If they weren't proud of it, they wouldn't have posted it. I once had a full size Piper 150 that I flew. I thought of repainting it with a little paint on the edge of the windows, a center black line running down the center of the fuselage, a little paint on the edge of the tires, and even large finger prints. Only I went into the Army and sold it when I got out. I never flew again, but I never quit making model planes, even in the Army.

Heh. I remember a photo of a Luftwaffe Tornado that had been painted as if it were a kit with panel line shading. It showed just how exaggerated some of that stuff would look on an actual aircraft.

Wish I could find the pic. I love the idea of a seam on a full size aircraft. Maybe glue some sprue attachment points to various parts of the aircraft?

Tim W.

Heh. I remember a photo of a Luftwaffe Tornado that had been painted as if it were a kit with panel line shading. It showed just how exaggerated some of that stuff would look on an actual aircraft.

Wish I could find the pic. I love the idea of a seam on a full size aircraft. Maybe glue some sprue attachment points to various parts of the aircraft?

Tim W.

That would be awesome Tim; sort of reverse psychology where you could now go completely OTT on the weathering etc and claim that there is proof of an actual aircraft to dipicts what your model looks like for a change!

Derek

Geoff,

At our age (I'm 65) I feel that we have earned the right to be a bit grumpy and particular about "the right way" of doing things. I made three cruises to Yankee Station, got blown up once, got blown off the carrier deck once, and survived raising two kids and a 31 year marriage and the Carter Years. Somewhere in the stack of documents accumulated from all that is a federal document that says I am crazy. But as with anything from the federal government the obvious is true as I feel I am the sanest person on the planet. So rant on Dude and have a good time and don't let the b******s get you down!