Revell 109 sprue shots..

Darren Howie

Nice! Thanks for the linky. It looks as though we will get some optional parts in the box. Should be enough for -109 fans to build some nice stuff.

If you are NOT a -109 fan, just be happy for your fellow modellers.

Guest Dekenba

I checked my stash today & I've somehow got nine 109's, so I'm going to stop slagging off the over preponderance of 109's and start building a couple instead!

That looks nothing like the ME-109G[sic] I built forty years ago.

Yikes, that does bring back memories - the Revell 1/32 museum quality series - I was so impressed by the 109, P-51B and especially the Corsair at the time.

I feel that Revell does a great job. In the modelshop where I go in Brussels, I have noticed that more kids start the hobby because Revell has some 'big' models available for a very reasonable price. This 109 will probably be another hit; I think both beginners and experienced modellers will like it. I will be motivated to build probably more than one, because it looks very nice, will be at a good price and very often is released with some great decals (and because it is late war).

I can't wait!

One thing's for sure: the kit is definitely not a clone of the Hasegawa release. Parts-breakdown looks somewhat complicated, and obviously aimed at multiple versions. The surface detailing on the elevators looks a bit funky though.

Kev