Rare Bird: Naxos He-219

Uncarina

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since I posted this build, and I apologize for not keeping up with completing this kit online: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=42959&hl=begins

This is the Revell kit with AIMS decals, Eduard Brassin wheels and interior photoetch, SAC landing gear, and Radu's cowl flaps. I managed to find (with assistance from some of you) some photos of the actual aircraft which survived the war but was scrapped in 1947. Hope you like it: comments are welcome!

Cheers, Tom

IMG_7947_zps32811682.jpg

IMG_7966_zpsc98646b6.jpg

IMG_7961_zps64e498db.jpg

IMG_7959_zps765c0f25.jpg

IMG_7968_zps35a0459d.jpg

IMG_7951_zpse1c47f78.jpg

IMG_7954_zps914e3274.jpg

Brian,

I really appreciate it! As others have posted, it's a fun and easy build, with a great fit and surmountable fixes. I like the balance because it's relatively easy to put together a unique aircraft without a big investment in money, time, and effort. Thanks for commenting!

Cheers, Tom

Tom,

The light color scheme is absolutely FANTASTIC. :wow:

You did a brilliant job on it and it really is TOP NOTCH of a build..

A worthy winner in MY eyes. A real BEAUTY..

:thumbsup:

:bow:

:wub:

Thanks very much! I used a custom Tamiya paint blend for the RLM 76 and Model Master Acryl for the RLM 75. Cheers, Tom

Nice work. I like how the exhaust stains the vertical stabilizer and rudder.

Sincerely,

Mark

Mark, Thanks! The photos I saw depict a very dark underside to the stabilizors and the bottom of the rudders. Cheers, Tom

What a stunning finish Tom.

And great to see the Naxos one being done.

Steve

Steve, Thank you! I didn't know these existed before I saw the option in the Revell kit, and it took some digging (and advice) to find the actual a/c photos. To be honest, I would not have built it without them since I don't like to build something based solely on the kit drawings. By the way, just ordered a P-61 off of E-Bay (significantly inspired by your build) and I'm looking forward to displaying them together...and one day joined by a Mosquito! Cheers, Tom