RODEN , Sopwith Triplane

Hi Willi,

Thanks for the tip these look great and appear easy to manufacture. One of the few shortcomings of the WNW kits is the mysterious lack of spark plugs and I don't like the idea of having to buy a set from Taurus Models every time I build up an engine.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Willi,

Thanks for the tip these look great and appear easy to manufacture. One of the few shortcomings of the WNW kits is the mysterious lack of spark plugs and I don't like the idea of having to buy a set from Taurus Models every time I build up an engine.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave ,

Yes the spark plugs are easy to make with the tubing and the VectorCut nuts you can make lots of spark plugs in an evening . I still like the Taurus Models spark plugs ,but if they are hidden then you are better off making your own . As you can see I put the cowling together and not too much of the engine can be seen .

DSCN0488-1_zpsf6e91889.jpg

I started work on the interior of the Sopwith by adding bracing wire and adding the pulley for the elevator control .

DSCN0487_zps712f7a77.jpg

The only addition to the IP is decals and clear rod to the pulsameter (lower left ) .

DSCN0493-1_zps721f5bb5.jpg

The decals are from the 1/48th Airscale WW1 set . I always thought they where to big for 1/48th !

Thanks ,

Willi

Edited by miamiangler

Guest Peterpools

Willi

Absolutely incredible work. After your magical touch, the The rotary is a gem all by itself. Super work on teh cockpit interior; the floor boards are simply outstanding.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Willi

Absolutely incredible work. After your magical touch, the The rotary is a gem all by itself. Super work on teh cockpit interior; the floor boards are simply outstanding.

Keep 'em coming

Thanks Peter for your kind words. I bet the WNW Tripe is easier to build !

Willi

Thanks Tim ,

I did some work on the wood graining of the struts .I just have to add black paint to the brackets .

DSCN0505-1_zps4f5de049.jpg

The fuselage I ordered are a big improvement from the original . It`s 6mm longer . I added the bracing wire .

DSCN0507-1_zps2391313b.jpg

Today I glued the fuselage together and glued the bottom wings to the fuselage . I still have to add the seat cushion and seat belts .

DSCN0510-1_zpseda91a31.jpg

DSCN0509_zpsc3c805db.jpg

DSCN0508-1_zpsa26cb29a.jpg

Well that`s all for now!.

Willi

Guest Peterpools

Willie

the strut wood graining looks perfect and as natural as it gets. The front office interior looks spot on as well

Keep 'em coming

Thanks Peter and Dwight

Well this is not the nice WNW`s kit , but I`m doing the best I can with the Roden kit . I made the resin seat cushion and put the IP panel into the A/C today . I`m just waiting for the seat belts I ordered to arrive in the mail.

DSCN0511-1_zpsd1bac370.jpg

DSCN0512-1_zps9124b454.jpg

Thanks for looking ,

Willi

• 4 weeks later...