RODEN , Sopwith Triplane

This is the kit I won on Swanny`s WW1 contest . This kit will be a little more of a challenge then the WNW`s kits. I`ll be detailing the engine and interior . There`s no decals for the instrument s on the dash board so some work will be done there . I`m going to start with the engine first . I will replace all of the round bumps on the engine block with Vector Cut nuts . the spark plugs will be made from rods and tubing . the push rods will get the same work done by replacing the oversized plastic with metal tubing .

DSCN0463_zpsf306f0cc.jpg

Before:

DSCN0462-1_zpsf3eb2859.jpg

DSCN0461-1_zps00dbacf7.jpg

After:

DSCN0466-1_zpsf8e790df.jpg

Added the nuts and using .25mm rod as a guide for the push rods .

DSCN0467-1_zps94c6fe33.jpg

More to come later .

Thanks ,

Willi

Willi, great start on your kit. will be following your build closely. I got the WNW Sopwith Triplane open box drool on it and put it in the pile until I get several others off the bench. Dan

Apparently the kit fuselage is correct for one of the prototypes but not for the production version Triplane. Contact Pheon Decals at pheon@pheondecals.com to see if the correction set is still available.

Edit - or just go here: http://www.fawcettmodelsandpatterns.co.uk/1-32-scale-resin-detail-correction-parts

Edited by OldTroll

Apparently the kit fuselage is correct for one of the prototypes but not for the production version Triplane. Contact Pheon Decals at pheon@pheondecals.com to see if the correction set is still available.

Edit - or just go here: http://www.fawcettmodelsandpatterns.co.uk/1-32-scale-resin-detail-correction-parts

Many thanks Ron

Guest Peterpools

Willie

Outrageous start. Great to se you digging into the Roden kit and working your magic. Looking forward to the enjoyment of following the build

Keep e'm coming'

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks guys,

Well after two days and 150 pieces later. I got the front end of the engine done . All I have to add is the exhaust and spark plug wires . Then the engine will get a wash .

DSCN0478_zps1e5d7174.jpg

Thanks ,

Willi

Willi ...the engine looks SPECTACULAR ... So very effulgence in appearance ... :wub:

I have a thing for engines..LOVE IT...

Seeing how good..no, hang fire, BRILLIANT you are at wood effects I am just hanging around to see the triplanes wings...

:popcorn:

Thanks Maru5,

The kit looks pretty good except for the soft plastic ! I am starting on the interior .I love doing the wood effects on WW1 aircraft I have been checking the WNW`s site and using that as a guide . I am going to get the resin Fuselage since it is a lot easier then lengthening the fuselage by 6mm.

More later ,

Willi

Hi Willi,

Engine looks great, love the spark plugs.

Dave

Thanks Dave ,

They are not to hard to make . I used the nuts and bolts from Vector Cut ,tubing was .6mm ,the rod was .25mm.

DSCN0483-1_zps20ded58f.jpg

I finished the back end of the engine . I added the copper wire and exhaust .

DSCN0485_zps31c0cc5c.jpg

Thanks ,

Willi

Edited by miamiangler