Birdcage Corsair the Hard Way!

LSP_Kevin

The Corsair looks good Kev. I can't help on the camera side as I probably know less than you do about them. I really am a point and shoot kind of guy.

Hopefully the prop blades arrive soon. There's no tracking number as adding one would've tripled the postage. They're in a small bubble wrap envelope.

Carl

Despite all the problems, the Corsair is looking great! Lens do look a lot better in clear. Technical point: as the lights in WWII really tended towards yellow, the bulb on the right wingtip were coated in blue, not green. When they were illuminated, then they would show green.

I agree about the camera: F/22 or lower, tripod and remote shutter release. With my Canon, I often get into 1/4 second shutter speed territory, use a USB connection to my computer and fire the shutter with a mouse click.

Thanks for you input, Ray. I'm hoping to learn a bit more about the new camera when this build is finally done and ready for its RFI shots. Interestingly, it has built-in wi-fi (I guess they all do these days), and I can actually control the camera from my phone! I do have a tripod, but it's rubbish (wobbly head), and I stopped using it ages ago. Will have to organise a better one.

Kev

So, I'm on the cusp of declaring this one finished. Just one more thing to do: the antenna wire. Trouble is, I can't seem to find anything definitive about where it ran to and from exactly. Drawings show one running from the rudder post to the forward mast on the fuselage, but also another one intersecting it and terminating somewhere on the fuselage. I don't need to go for 100% accuracy, just something representing a fair idea of reality.

Anyone have any idea?

Kev