Birdcage Corsair the Hard Way!

LSP_Kevin

No, no, no, Kev! Push on with the Corsair! The bent winged bird continues to call you from the edge of the shelf of doom. The P-39 is only whispering lies and is trying to trick you in to helping it escape from it's box! :)

Cheers,

Wolf

Well, Wolf, there are currently bits of both kits all over my workbench, so what we get at the end may be something quite unusual indeed!

Kev

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK, so I'm midway through the 3rd week of my extended leave of absence from my day job, and the smoke is finally starting to clear. I've been busy looking after the family, catching up on a lot of stuff around the house, and doing a minor reorganisation of my workbench and office space. I think I'm finally at a point where I can do some more modelling! And this one certainly needs some attention, so as soon as I've reoriented myself with respect to where the hell I am with it, I'll get cracking.

An actual modelling update soon, I promise!

Kev

Assuming you're doing a land based subject, the hooks were removed to save weight.

That's what I thought - but weren't all birdcage Corsairs land-based? I'm still planning to do Marines Dream, but I actually can't tell from the photos I have if there's a tail hook or not.

Kev

That's what I thought - but weren't all birdcage Corsairs land-based? I'm still planning to do Marines Dream, but I actually can't tell from the photos I have if there's a tail hook or not.

Kev

I have a photo via Jim Sullivan of Marine's Dream upside down from the rear port quarter clearly missing the tail hook.

Allan

I have a photo via Jim Sullivan of Marine's Dream upside down from the rear port quarter clearly missing the tail hook.

Allan

Bingo! Thanks, Allan. Now I can proceed with the tail wheel assembly with some sense of clarity.

Kev