Sign in to follow this  
Apache Arrow

While I'm waiting .............

Since I am waiting for a replacement compass or sprue from Wingnut Wings for my Albatros D.V, I decided to start on my WNW Fokker D.VII (OAW). I haven't received any e-mails from WNW since I sent them a request for a replacement compass or sprue, but I'm hopeful. I decided to do Rudolph Stark's lilac trimmed mid-production model. I found color photos of the aircraft at the U.S. Air Force Heritage museum site including the cockpit interior. It is a reproduction of Stark's aircraft which is on display at Wright-Patterson AFB near Dayton, Ohio. Not only is it colorful, but I have two bottles of Polly Scale acrylic mauve to play with. My biggest problem is that the WNW decals are a darker shade than the Polly Scale paint or the colors on the reproduction aircraft. I'm hoping that I can match the decals by adding purple paint to the mauve.

Do not lose hope for a response from WNW. Dave is usually swamped with e-mails and it may take a couple weeks for him to answer. He actually found one of my e-mails in the "spam" folder but I did get my answer (and my sprues.) I'm sure the recent airshow hoopla and the release of the Fokker D.VIIF also set their response back a bit.

I didn't think about the new release, Ron. I'm sure the airshow may have put him behind. I've only have been ordering from them for about a month and had never purchased outside the U.S. I am fast becoming a good customer. I've bought a Albatros D.V, a Fokker D.VII, a Fokker E.III, a accessory sprue, two lozenge rib tapes decal sheets and another D.V decal sheet. At this rate, I need to buy stock in the company.