Tamiya F-16cj

Sav

Hi all,

Well here we are with all the sub assemblies put together to reveal at last what look's like an F-16. So far i have used no filler, this is good as would not like to have to sand off any of the surface detail. All the stores are done, this alone has taken a nearly a week, but they look the part. Next up will be masking and prep for the paint job. I will post more pic's when this is done.

C ya

Sav.

post-4-1107625087.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Well here it is, fresh out of the paint shop and looking like a new pin. I think the main paint stages are a ball ache i have to put up with to get to the fun bit, weathering.

A few points to mention for those of you who might be building this kit. On the final build up to get it ready for paint i noticed that the Leading edge flaps did'nt fit as tightly as on the real thing, it's nothing that a new scalpel blade and a bit of test fitting won't put right. I had a similar problem with the canopy.

I painted the whole model without the use of an airbrush as my compressor has packed up. I used Tamiyas own spay cans for the main colour's the feathered edges being achieved by placing paper mask's over little rolls (sausages) of Blu Tack, bloody worked an all. The rest is painted with good old fashioned brushes.

Sav

post-4-1108566390.jpg

Sav,

Your Viper looks really good!

I am over half way through my build at the moment,I will keep a look out for the problems you mentioned.

Its a great build so far although joining the two fuselage parts was a bit of a pain I found.My fault really as I was rushing it a bit.

Thanks for posting you pic

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark

Thank's for the word's. I also had a spot of bother with the fussy.

Another cautionery note. At stage 44. The wing tips. Looking at part number MS2. I got this wrong, as when going through the bag with the shafts in found that they all appeared to be of the same diameter. The part's you need are in the same bag as the pitot tube, i did not see these even when i went through everything before i started the build. I only found them when i opened the bag to test fit the pitot tube. My flaps as a result are slightly loose on fit because of this error.

Sav

I know Frome very well being a Darset Dumplin' m'sell.

Just looked like a friends next door neighbours garden in Witney and I thought, well bugger me sideways with a fish-fork that couldn't be it could it? And it wasn't!

And seriouslyt the Viper is looking real nice, I think Academy is going to have to do something pretty special to beat this one!

• 1 month later...

Model looks great Sav! That weathering looks like very convincing, and reminds me of the vipers I've seen at airshows.

On that Pic: You want to retain original "aspect ratio" when/if you resize any pictures with a program like Corel or others. That will help keep the picture intact. Email me if you want any help with picture editing.

Cheers~