the next Tamiya 1/32 kit anounced

ChuckT

No doubt they'll shift lots of these kits. But I won't be buying one. Not into PTO stuff.

Guess i'll have to wait for some more ETO kits to come around :(

Edited by flounder_al

An enthusiastic response from all around the various forums to this news already.

I'm looking forward to seeing these built up even though I have little interest in the subject matter. A new 1/32nd scale kit from Tamiya is a time for celebration no matter what.

Bring it on! :yahoo:

This is the -1. The next version, after the night fighter -2 mod, was the -1A with the bubble canopy with a frame across the top. Then the -1D with a completely clear bubble canopy and rocket stubs.

I still maintain that Tamiya has at least allowed the possibilty of doing a Spit Mk.I/II/V in their original design - there is *no* other reason they would have molded the antenna mount on top of the rudder in their core moldings for the Mk.IX (rounded rudder). No Mk.VIII/IX/XVI ever built had an antenna wire. I firmly believe we'll see at least a Mk.V, if not eventually a Mk.I from them. The P-51B/C is another matter.

Rudder, elevators and wheels from IX are OK. And nothing else, I'm afraid. ;)

Detail differences. The landing light under the left wing was only a very early feature (irritatingly, kept by Tamiya in the -1A/-1D moldings) is one notable one. Later -1Ds had rocket rails, etc. The basic airframe was remarkably similar though.

Thanks Jennings

So in other words, easy enough to do a conversion set for this without waiting another year or two for a "regular" corsair. sweet.

The EE instruction sheets will include unpublished photos of the FAA Corsairs to aid in painting.

Mark Proulx

But none of the F4-U1 / Corsair I's saw combat right?

I thought that was only later marks?

My favorite Corsair, the Birdcage, well I will be getting at least 2 or 3 of them. Then there is the B-17, P-61, B-25H and the 3 A-6's coming out this year.

Looks like I will be needing alot of money to support my habit this year.

Mike