the next Tamiya 1/32 kit anounced

ChuckT

I've got one on order already. Just a long wait for July now....and I'm sure it will be late July. As far as I'm concerned, great news, and the right variant to begin with. Since it'll be based on their wonderful 1/48 models it should be a really great model with few problem areas. I'm willing to bet that the "notch" in the flap will be there...have to fill that in, and probably a centerline drop tank will be included...no problem with that but it wasn't used on the birdcage. Probably have to fill in that hole.....but that was it on the 1/48 kits.

Chuck

Im thinking that Tamiya may follow suit as it did with its 32nd Mustang...............and thats get a new tooling for its 1/32nd super kit VS their 48th version. I could be wrong, but in light of what this kit could be, and seeing what they did with their 32nd Mustang vs their 1/48th version, Id think it would be logical to say this might just be a wholly new tooled kit from the ground up.

Yep, I agree with Brian here. Tamiya's 1/48 Corsair kits are newer and better kits than their 1/48 P-51D kits (though they're pretty good in their own right too), but still 15+ years old, and not necessarily a great basis for one of their LSP wunderkits. Besides, if they were merely going to scale up their 1/48 kits, they wouldn't have needed to do all that extra research they've been credited with.

Kev

What a disapointment ! Me I wanted a 109 .... :rofl:

Joking apart, it's good for those who were waiting for the ultimate Corsair kit. I will personally stay off this one, as I did for the Mustang or the Spitfire (nothing against Tamiya- just not my cup of tea in terms of subject choice), but I can nevertheless rejoice with my fellow modellers who will take the plunge for one -or more- of this new release. It will no doubt be a best-seller.

Hubert.

Geat news - I think that I shall hold off on any Corsair AM stuff until the Tamiya kit is out and I have one in my hands, then I shall consider what to do.

At this rate, Tamiya will pretty well have the 1/32 WW II fighter market wrapped up within ten years!

Derek