HPH Hornet.....

geedubelyer

Guy, this was announced last year as one they had in progress.

It sort of got overshadowed by the Walrus and I was a bit worried it had gone on the backburner.But the schemes are a new addition on their site so hopefully we will have a kit of the fastest piston engined fighter ever made!!

One of my favourite aircraft.

Fingers crossed!!!!

As a side note, I'm not sure about the colour call outs for the F1 scheme.

A quick look through my refs shows similar schemes being PRU blue underneath and not Azur blue.

I stand to be corrected but I'm not sure the F1 had the additional fillet coming from the tailfin.I thought that came in on the F3.

Edited by PhilB

It doesn't look too promising that an accurate Hornet will be produced http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234912212-132nd-de-havilland-dh103-hornet-by-hph-box-art/ as I think HpH are using the Huntley drawings from the Warpaint book, I've passed on Mirek's email to John Aero and David Collins, so we can but prey. Might be best if HpH shelve the project until John Aero's plans have been published. Better to wait for an accurate kit.

Edited by Kagemusha

Guy, this was announced last year as one they had in progress.

Ah, thanks Phil. Apologies for getting everyone's hopes up.

It certainly is a handsome machine and would be a nice manageable size in 1/32nd scale by the looks of it.

If they produce a kit similar in detail and quality to the Walrus and Catalina this might be a real winner.

Let's hope HPH see this through

I agree Andy, we need an accurate one.

I have this book which has pretty good references etc:

Hornet1.jpg

Yeah it was one of the authors who posted on Britmodeller, David Collins, who I have passed Mireks email on to, but I think the use of John "Aero" Adams drawings are key to an accurate kit - it seems all the others are inaccurate, kits included.

There was some nice profiles in Model Airplane International recently, but sadly those aren't too accurate either. Have just bought the book Phil.

Edited by Kagemusha

I was not overly impressed with one of the comments on BritModeller. Those greedy foreigners hey.... I am sure Mirek et al are making a killing on their kits and shall soon retire to some sun soaked beach. As if "locals" dont rip off previous work, just look at most of the published plans in the current Pommie magazines.

I agree. Tastes aside, and putting aside whoever is putting the kits out I dont think comments like that would have flown on LSP. Not saying LSP is better or different, just saying that seemed a bit over the top/non PC to me.

I really hope that we can see the Hornet come out in 1/32. I know I'd buy one. I'm not that anal-retentive about the Hornet, but I at least expect it to look like one. Some of the comments over on BM just really seem mean and un-needed. Hopefully there are some good drawings out there that HpH can use.

I will still probably buy one, unless the price isn't too super-high.

Matt :party0023:

Edited by scvrobeson

Looking at what HPH have done in the past, I doubt very much that they would rely 100% on any published drawings, of anything. I reckon they are smart enough to know they cannot be trusted entirely, and the effort they put into the (unseen) internals would indicate that the Hornet should be awesome. I am sure we will be informed shortly.......... Hurry up, we want to see pics.

not to hijack ....but along the lines of a post war prop.......F7F tiger cat....if HPH kept the price in the ball park.........

From your lips brother!!

Ive been waiting for my all time favorite airplane to get produced in 32nd injection at SOME point..............but SOMEone................