Calling Harold from AMS - we need an ACMI Pod!

seiran01

Hey Harold,

TwoMikes has discontinued their 1/32 ACMI pods as of a few months ago and when I last messaged back and forth with Mike, it sounded like there was a snowballs chance in hell that they'd be reissued again. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for one of these pods, any chance you'd consider making one?

Cheers!

Mike

I have all the refs in my ACMI folder. Good ones too. Thanks to all that helped with them.

Now when I get a little time, I will be doing some prototyping. I will post as I get things made.

SUU-20 refs are in a folder. Also. someone that is a great modeller mastering them right now. I don't know the timeline yet, but I will post them as well.

If nothing else I would ask 2 Mikes if they still have the molds and want to sell them or give them to you so that you can produce them. Why recreate the wheel? I thought the ACMI pods would be popular sellers.

True, but the ACMI pods are no longer being listed as being produced and according to the OP, there isn't much chance they will be in the future. The stuff that they are still producing is going through Sprue Bros.

Edited by eoyguy

I prefer doing my own prototyping. I have done that before and I always end up re-working most of the masters anyway. From one account I read, his nose section doesn't fit the main body very well.

I will be casting the SUU-20s when done. But I might have to do some mods just to make them "cast-able"

I did read somewhere that 2 mikes were working on the SUU-20s, I don't know what scale though.

I think with the A-4 series and the A-7 available in 32 scale and soon the A-6 that someone should think about releasing some Rockeyes/CBU's for these kits. No aftermarket company makes them. The only ones I know of are in the Tamiya F-15E box.

Just my .2 of a cents worth

Ken.

Edited by Puncher 75

I think with the A-4 series and the A-7 available in 32 scale and soon the A-6 that someone should think about releasing some Rockeyes/CBU's for these kits. No aftermarket company makes them. The only ones I know of are in the Tamiya F-15E box.

Just my .2 of a cents worth

Ken.

CAM makes the Mk 20 Rockeyes in 1/32 scale, (Sprue has them) however....do not buy them, run far far away from them. They are off in the details, but more than that, the molds are shot. the set I have, are totally worthless.