Mustang...1/18nth Scale

Ironwing

Looks great - super work

Are you aware of this :

http://shop.hphmodels.cz/5000|.d.KS18102R.motor-p51-d-packard.html

Tom,

Thank you for the kind compliment. I am aware of the 18nth scale V1650, but thank you for the heads up. I chickened out of using it for a couple of reasons. First: Considering the scope of just transforming this thing into a true scale Mustang, I thought I would be adding more than I could handle. Second: Its over a hundred bucks US.

These two things were enough to stop me. Believe me, I don't need more to do! But I do thank you again...stay tuned.

Ya know, someday when I grow up..........ah forget it, ain't never gonna happen..........

Damn that's fine work.

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf,

First of all, thank you. I have a question for you. What ever happened to that über Spit you were building? That thing was crazy off the wall good. If it isn't done, please get back to work on it and continue posting. If it is done, then I'm just an idiot.

Just the same, thank you for looking in.

Cheers

Geoff

Harv, Maru, Loic, Jim E, BGB,

Thanks fellas, I truly appreciate your comments. It helps bolster my desire to do it the way it's supposed to be.

Many thanks and my best to you and yours for the coming holiday.

Cheers

Geoff

Tom,

Thank you for the kind compliment. I am aware of the 18nth scale V1650, but thank you for the heads up. I chickened out of using it for a couple of reasons. First: Considering the scope of just transforming this thing into a true scale Mustang, I thought I would be adding more than I could handle. Second: Its over a hundred bucks US.

These two things were enough to stop me. Believe me, I don't need more to do! But I do thank you again...stay tuned.

Oh I absolutely get that.I too try to keep my projects within reasonable limits (try!). However for me doing a 1/18 Mustang would most likely be a once in a lifetime so I'd consider the HpH engine... On the other hand I am often torn between the good looks of a buttoned up plane and the mechanical interest of an opened up one.

All,

I neglected to post these. I think they show the lines of the nose to better advantage. There are still a few details that need to be added but the nose assembly is pretty much done.

Work has begun on the fuselage center section. This section we will say runs from the firewall aft to sta.248. The 248 mark and aft is where it all goes bad...real...real bad.

More to come soon

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg