Crossdelta F-16C Stiffener Plates in 1/32

Roy Noras

Hi all

Do you know if the Crossdelta stiffener plates in 1/32 are still obtainable? I find them listed at Spruebros, but out of stock. Any alternatives available? I know about Orion, but they don't make all the plates.

(-: Roy

Edited by Roy Noras

Roy,

They say available (though they did when I ordered them last year and the item arrived separately, two months after my main kit order). I believe they get a batch every so often from Crossdelta

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=CX-CD32001

Might still be your best bet unless you're in a hurry, in which case maybe contact Crossdelta directly.

Tony T

Edited by Tony T

Yeah, and the Crossdelta ones are the one to get. The Orion ones are peel and stick vinyl....no detail and look remarkably like peel and stick vinyl when put on. The CD ones are thin metal with details.

Chris

Yeah, and the Crossdelta ones are the one to get. The Orion ones are peel and stick vinyl....no detail and look remarkably like peel and stick vinyl when put on. The CD ones are thin metal with details.

Chris

Yep, and I conceded to that fact when CD released their sets. However, as you can no longer get the CD sets, mine have been selling.....actually, they've been selling well in the 8 years they've been available....as in always available. A better product is irrelevant if you can't get it. Regardless, I've seen amazing results with my peel and stick plates.

No offense meant, Dave. I have a set of yours for the 1/48 Tamiya Falcon......and you're right, some times you've got to take what you can get.

Have you given thought to updating the set to include the couple missing plates?

Chris

No offense meant, Dave. I have a set of yours for the 1/48 Tamiya Falcon......and you're right, some times you've got to take what you can get.

Have you given thought to updating the set to include the couple missing plates?

Chris

No offense taken......I wear my big boy pants when on the forums and in the pocket is my man card! :D I have given that some thought. Unfortunately, the hobby shop that cut the plates has closed and I'm not sure if the owner kept all of his laser cutting equipment. I need to give him a call this week to see if he still has it set up.

To those interested I have scanned the Voyager 1:48 set. This can be printed out 1,5x, and then attached to a thin sheet of plasticard with spray glue. You can punch through with a needle for the rivets and then cut everything to shape while the paper's still in place.
Let me know in pm with your email addy if you want the scan. It's about 0,7mb at 600dpi.

Kyrre

Edited by Kyrre