Hobby Boss 1/32 P-61 first impressions

Puncher 75

Collect mine Sunday :)

Iain

Will this one go into the 'one day' pile or scheduled for a start soon?

I want one but my money is currently reserved for the HK B17, I'll probably wait until Telford for this particular kit though.

Too many darned good kits coming all at once,.....happy days.

BTW, how's the He219 coming along?

Will this one go into the 'one day' pile or scheduled for a start soon?

I want one but my money is currently reserved for the HK B17, I'll probably wait until Telford for this particular kit though.

Too many darned good kits coming all at once,.....happy days.

BTW, how's the He219 coming along?

Funnily enough - to be started as soon as the UHU is finished :)

And I'm trying to fight the urge on a second - I have a cunning plan...

Can't wait until the '17!!!!!!!!!!!

Have we ever had it sooo good? (well, since the last time I said that...)

Iain

Guest Peterpools

The Squadrons latest flyer has the HB P-61 on sale for $179.99. Was hoping for a bit lower price, Noting yet from Sprue Brothers.

:hmmm:

Squadron is not my first choice when it comes to buying plastic kits. As with most of us, SprueBrothers is my first choice. IF Squadron has a super sale on the kit sometime in the future (REF: Academy 1/32 F/A-18A+ that was ~$68 a month or so ago) I'll snap on it from Squadron, otherwise no.

Called Squadron today after recieving their flyer, just to check....they're not in stock there yet either....

Should have mine next week sometime.....WOO-HOO!

Cheers,

Jim

The street price as opposed to the Lucky model and hobbyeasy price is 1000 Hong Kong.

Even though they are cheaper than at home the internet kut shops make a very very handsome profit on Trump and HB kits compared to the average shop.

And they are cheaper again over the border..

Nice looking kit..

Great contest in Anniston, Alabama yesterday thanks to Region 3 Birmingham IPMS "Phantom Phlashers"....got the TD goodies from Tim with TS Hobbies...even scarfed and extra pair of TD chutes....thanks Tim!

Have the chutes ready for paint....will start on the resin wheels this evening....

Soooo......now just waiting on the Widow....;)

Cheers,

Jim

Have mine in my sticky mits - very nice!

Also includes what looks like the paddle blades for the P-61C/F-15A (can't vouch for shape at present).

I now need to acquire another kit - a conversion to F-15A beckons - to go with the P-61B (probably 42-39405 'The Spook/Anonymous III')

From what I can see so far - highly recommended!

Iain

Like ohers I'm waiting for mne to come from my on-line suppliers, so imagine my suprise when I spotted the kit on the shelf at my local Model Zone on Saturday ... my wife bless her asked me if I fancied doing two of them... stupidly I turned her offer down.. I did walk out of the shop with a 1/16th Scale Tiget - but that's a whole other story!