Siemens-Schuckert D.III

scvrobeson

I'm looking forward to this also, as I have never seen a completed model of it. :mellow:

Thank you. I've seen a few builds in magazines, so I'm using those as references for various pitfalls and problems.

Hopefully you'll enjoy this build.

Matt :party0023:

Roden decals are great for lining bird cages.

So I've heard. I'm going to give them a shot, see if I can make it work. If not, I'll fall back on Pheon for decals for it. They have lots of available schemes for the Siemens, so if the kit decals don't work, I'll have options.

lolz............Ill keep that in mind for my DR1 project

My dad built the Dr.1, and had similar problems on the decals to what other people have had. The insignia kind of exploded, so I'm going to try and coat them with liquid decal film or Future to give them some strength.

Interesting to see that the upper wing lozenge was applied diagonally.

Thanks Kevin. I had noticed that too, since usually it was applied perpendicular to the wing. I just hope that I can get the lozenge on without too many problems, knowing the bad reputation of Roden decals.

Nice work Matt. The woodgraining on the interior is really effective.

Kev

Thanks Kevin! It looks like most of it won't be seen anymore, even with the round cockpit, the seat fills most of the visible space

Thanks for reading

Are you going with the OOB markings of Udet?

I'm not actually sure yet. I'm looking at the blue plane, but if things go awry, I'll probably go straight to Pheon for replacements instead of re-painting and fighting it out with another scheme off of the kit sheet.

Did You Check Roll Models .they have resin corections for the Siemens Schuckert

Hey there. Yes, I did check there, but I am planning to do this one as OOB. I had looked at the correction set for the standard production one, maybe if I do another one, I'll do the early conversion set.

Thanks for reading in and helping out.

Nice work, Matt! I like what you've done so far on the interior. :piliot:

Thanks Dwight. I've got some more done on it, I'll hopefully get the pictures up tomorrow of the progress. Getting the lower wing on, and all of the cockpit components lined up was a huge challenge, it's been the only problem of this kit so far.

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Nice start on the SS. D.III. Interior wood graning looks real good and nice work on eliminating the panel line trenches on the exterior.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn: