Aftermarket MiG-29 cockpit in the works

Cold War Studio

Very nice looking details. Have you thought about the break down of parts to aid in painting? Also, are you considering creating these yourself or will you approach an aftermarket caster?

It will be in parts, so it is easy to paint. Some of the wiring and plumbing will be cast and some will be left to the modeller to do. This will permit the most realistic look of the cockpit.

It will be in parts, so it is easy to paint. Some of the wiring and plumbing will be cast and some will be left to the modeller to do. This will permit the most realistic look of the cockpit.

Excellent news, thanks.

This looks very promising and I wish you well with your project.

Stanislav,

You can count me in for at least 1... probably 2 as well! Do you have any time frame as to when these would be available? If you could manufacture new wheel bays, landing gear doors, and a correct LERX we'd have everything needed to fix this kit!

Cheers, and good luck with the cockpit!

Jerry

Stanislav, You can count me in for at least 1... probably 2 as well! Do you have any time frame as to when these would be available? If you could manufacture new wheel bays, landing gear doors, and a correct LERX we'd have everything needed to fix this kit! Cheers, and good luck with the cockpit! Jerry

I don't want to disappoint you but the only thing we need to fix this kit is...a full new kit! I consider this kit to be one of the worst large scale kits ever made! True, the panel lines look nice and assembly is easy but there is not ONE area of the kit which is accurate (shape or panel lines)! Some detail sets will be welcome but this won't fix such major issues.

I realized it is easier to build a MIG-29A from the quite accurate Trumpeter MIG-29M rather than from the Revell kit... :-(

Thanks for your emthusiam, guys! This is my first project and I want to make it right. As soon as it is done and I am happy with it I will start the double seater office. Unfortunately the MiG-29 is difficult kit and we have to struggle to make it look more closer to the real MiG. I have started this project because I have 2 single seaters and one double and want to make them more decent. If I can help you with that I will be happy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...