Aftermarket MiG-29 cockpit in the works

Cold War Studio

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update. The first few castings arrived today and this is what you will get in the package. The PE will need some refinement. I hope to be able to ship starting March 4. More and better pictures I will post in a day or two. Now I have to assemble it and make pictures for the instructions.

Thank you for waiting so long and as a compliment each will get the MiG-29 badge which is on the picture.

p5_zps95372c38.jpg
p4_zps29895f27.jpg
p3_zpsf276945a.jpg
p2_zps918e1f23.jpg
p1_zps8c44e543.jpg

You can definitely pencil me in to buy a MiG-29UB set when that becomes available, later.

Fantastic work

Would love to see a backdate set to turn the Trumpeter MiG-29K/M into an early Fulcrum.

And a set to turn the Trumpeter MiG-23 into a two-seat U/UB, one day in the future.

Really spectacular work you are doing !

Tony

Edited by Tony T

You can definitely pencil me in to buy a MiG-29UB set when that becomes available, later.

Fantastic work

Would love to see a backdate set to turn the Trumpeter MiG-29K/M into an early Fulcrum.

Really spectacular work you are doing !

Tony

Me too for the Mig 29UB set.  I have everything for it except the Cockpit :rolleyes:

Cheers

Excellent!

I'd have been glad to see it released earlier as this would have saved me some dozens of hours on a TAC scale/Eduard/Quickboost/scratch combination! But that's the modeller'life!

I have one question: the deck part with the cockpit gasket: is it tailored to fit the Revell kit as it is or is it narrower as the actual plane is? I'm wondering as if you correct this zone on the Revell kit, the part should me modified. This question is not as trivial as it may seem as the Revell kit is so bad I've no doubt that people using your cockpit will use as well the Zacto sets...

If it is possible to use it/modify it to be used on a narrower, corrected fuselage, I'll not hesitate two seconds before purchasing it...!

Thierry

Very encouraging news. Please keep us all updated.

I shall add this to the package of updates for the Revell Mig-29 in the hopes that I'll eventually get around to building one.

Of course this set is still to be released but I wonder if you have any plans on the horizon for updating the wheel bays of the Revell kit? As far as I can see they may well be the last area of the single seat kit that requires major modification (other than the slope of the forward fuslage sides of course).

Congratulations on realising such a super project.

Good job.

Cheers.

Edit* typo.

Edited by geedubelyer

As far as I can see they may well be the last area of the single seat kit that requires major modification (other than the slope of the forward fuslage sides of course).

Alas, this is somewhat a wishful thinking! We really need a full new kit as I don't think there is another large scale kit for which I did not succeed in finding one area which is looking like the full-scale plane. Another very bad area besides the forward fuselage is the middle and rear upper fuselage as the kit as a step along the hump and the engine fairings that does not exist on the actual plane. This is very visible and a pain to correct...

Thank you for the possitive comments. Most of the questions you have will be answered very soon.

If it is possible to use it/modify it to be used on a narrower, corrected fuselage, I'll not hesitate two seconds before purchasing it...!

Thierry

It can be used on the modified fuselage.

Of course this set is still to be released but I wonder if you have any plans on the horizon for updating the wheel bays of the Revell kit? As far as I can see they may well be the last area of the single seat kit that requires major modification (other than the slope of the forward fuslage sides of course).

As far as the wheelbays are concerned I am working on them and will try to make them as real as possible. There is one more thing which will be reveiled very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

To keep the story short. I have one bad news and a good one.

The first is that we are behind schedule a bit again. :hmmm:
The good one is that it fits great in the model and looks like a MiG-29 cockpit. just a little more patience. I want it out as well but I also want to deliver a top quality product which this type of plane deserves and you as customers.

This is a very quick assembly to asses the fit. Most of the parts are not wvwn glued. Hope you like it.

MiG29c_105_zpsnvdzmcec.jpg
MiG29c_104_zps45yyzisy.jpg
MiG29c_103_zpsl5ix5i0s.jpg
MiG29c_102_zps7ovvnffb.jpg
MiG29c_101_zpsvfvrgxqj.jpg
MiG29c_100_zpsnof1bidh.jpg

Edited by Cold War Studio