Apache Arrow

WNW Bavarian "Badehose" DV

After watching some of the techniques used so far, I decided to try building a WNW kit. I got the Albatros DV and the Bavarian DV decal sheet. I'm going to do (try) the Ludwig Hanstein/Theodor Rumpel black and white vertical striped Albatros DV. I ordered Airscale WWI instrument decals and brass tubing after reading Des Delatorre's instructions on making eyelets and turnbuckles. I "chickened" out before receiving them and went to Bob's Buckles this morning and ordered cut brass tubing and eyelets to use while practicing Delatorre's methods. I don't have the experience that most of you have so this will be quite a challenge. I haven't figured out to post images yet.

Nice man! No worries round here. All the people are real friendly and helpful........ask away..............Im sure there will always be someone who will know about the topic to which you are asking.

As to the pics, we used to upload but its all done by hosting now adays. Just get yourself a free Pica or Photo bucket type account and link away!

Apache, welcome to the forum. I find the brass tubing fidly but not hard to do. It can be cut with a hobby knife by rolling your knife over it at a 90 degree angle. Redrill the center (if you need to) All kinds of methods of working with it. :clap2:

Will

I haven't gotten much done except the wood fuselage interior and a seat cushion. I'm practicing techniques by trying to finish Roden Albatros DI, Albatros DIII, Pfaltz DIII, Fokker DVI. Made the DV cushion out of plastic stock, countersunk larger holes and used plastic rod for buttons. Finally made one for the for the Pfaltz today from putty and shaped the buttons by using brass tubing. Still having trouble posting pictures.

Apache,

Looks like you made a good start.keep it up.... :thumbsup:

Have you checked out 'how to link photos to LSP' in the general discussion thread on here.

It may help you . :)

There's going to be a delay on this build. I dropped the compass last night and it appears as if my Miniature Schnauzer thought it was something to eat. I have contacted WNW to get another part or sprue and have no idea how soon I can get a replacement.

In my experience you'll be receiving it very soon! Very helpful when it comes to replacing broken parts, even buying whole sprues!

Good luck with your build!

Regards, Richard

www.aviattic.co.uk

This kit is on indefinite hold. Dave at WNW advised me that they are out of the A sprue of the Albatros D.V kit. They have requested more, but have no idea when they will receive any. I can't close up the fuselage knowing the compass is missing. Not only would it not look right, but it would be almost impossible to insert later. Guess I'll decide on another kit to start. I've had problems posting photos with

photobucket after posting the first couple ones.